for Brewer 12345

Interesting. I will have to poke around. I have heard that BC is absolutely beautiful. Is it cold, or does the climate get enough maritime influence to warm things up?

Coolish, but most of the Island does not get a lot of snow.

Strong British Influence, if you are into the outdoors, the scenery is spectacular, home of the Spirit Bear.

Google to The Spirit Bear, link too long to post.

Salt Spring Is and other islands between Vancouver (city) & Vancouver Is are really neat. Vistied them several times. There is a decent ferry between them. And there is a "chain" of B&Bs that you can kayak from one island to the next & stay at the B&Bs. If you get too tired or bad weather then you just take the ferry. Nice areas in the (US) san Juans too. Not much snow, not all that cold for the northern latitude but sometimes a lot of rain.

yakers said:
Salt Spring Is and other islands between Vancouver (city) & Vancouver Is are really neat. Vistied them several times. There is a decent ferry between them. And there is a "chain" of B&Bs that you can kayak from one island to the next & stay at the B&Bs. If you get too tired or bad weather then you just take the ferry. Nice areas in the (US) san Juans too. Not much snow, not all that cold for the northern latitude but sometimes a lot of rain.

Sshhh- don't speak of the Gulf Islands, or the San Juan Islands.... they're a secret..... homes in the San Juans are already $1M+, and I would like to be able to afford one someday, so keep these places under your hat ;) I was just at Friday Harbor this past Sat for the day....

I have a webcam on my desktop of the harbor... it's cool to watch the ferry / ships come and go. There is a trimaran that moores there sometimes that I would love to have....someday :)

Back
Top Bottom