for motorcycle riders

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
Local event:

Annual Blessing of the Bikes

http://www.blessingofthebikesohio.com/

----------------------------------------------------
Anything similar in your area?

I don't have one, but know some folks who do; I'll go visit this event.

"Anything similar in your area?" 

Not really. 

Interesting though.  Seems like it would be more helpful to just go directly to blessing the pavement.  My "issues" have always been more there than with the bikes. 

They have an annual 'blessing of the bikes' out at one of the local state parks every year. I don't remember whether it's done by one of the local parishes, or if it's done through the local dioceses of the Catholic church. It's usually a pretty big affair, as there are a lot of local MC's and motorcycle 'enthusiasts' in the area.

There also a couple of local churches (of various 'faiths') that have a 'blessing of the bikes' each year.

We had one local church, that if you had a bike, you could bring it in (literally) and have it blessed. You had the option of pushing it in....OR...riding it in! (I never saw ANYONE push their bike in!) :D

Joss said:
"Anything similar in your area?"

Not really.

Interesting though. Seems like it would be more helpful to just go directly to blessing the pavement. My "issues" have always been more there than with the bikes.

I think you need the bike blessed and the pavement cursed. I would be glad to step outside today and do the cursing of the pavement on behalf of all us bikers.

I guess I've cursed it in the past, when we've met. It was always a done-deal by the cursing point so it couldn't hurt any more anyway.

But now, since we've been apart some, I'd hate to pi$$ it off again. :-X

The Flying Spaghetti Monster loves motorcycles and no special ritual is required to enjoy that benefit.

Back
Top Bottom