Free Stuff; Books and RPN calculators

OldShooter

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have been working on de-cluttering lately. At my current rate of progress this will take about 25 years. Below are some things that have better-than-trash-can value but not enough to make me hassle around selling them. So if you see something you want, PM me with a postal address and I'll send it along gratis.

Books: These are good books that I have read but generally not good enough to merit a permanent place on my bookshelf. The exception is "Fooled by Randomness" where somehow I ended up with two copies, so this is an extra.

Fooled By Randomness, Nassim Taleb
Index Funds, Mark Hebner 2015 edition
Millionaire Teacher, Andrew Hallam
The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need, Andrew Tobias
Bogleheads' Guide to the Three Fund Portfolio, Taylor Larimore
A Non-Random Walk Down Wall Street, Andrew Lo and Craig McKinlay

Calculators: These are all RPN calculators, so if that is not your preference you will hate them.

HP 35S scientific calculator with Quick Start Guide and case

1. HP12C business calculator with full Owner's Handbook and case
2. HP12C business calculator with case
3. HP12C business calculator
I have no idea how I ended up with three of these. First PM gets #1, second PM #2, third #3.

This is a kind gesture to the members here!

Those HP12-c's are nice. I love both of mine.

Used to get a kick out of people picking one up, playing with it and then telling me it was "broken".

And then in my last year the SVP of sales attempted to take a stealth picture of it while sitting beside me in a meeting.

Amusing stuff.

Last edited:
PMs must include a USPS mailing address or I can't send.

HP35 is gone. HP12C #1 is gone if I get a mailing address.

Bogleheads' Guide to the Three Fund Portfolio is gone.

Not bad, folks. Five down, five to go.

Still Available

The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need
, Andrew Tobias

A Non-Random Walk Down Wall Street, Andrew Lo and Craig McKinlay

3. HP12C business calculator

Taken

Fooled By Randomness, Nassim Taleb - Gremlin
Boglehead' Guide to the Three Fund Portfolio, Taylor Larimore - old medic
HP 35S scientific calculator with Quick Start Guide and case - Svensk Anga
1. HP12C business calculator with Owner's Handbook and case - rwdflynavy*
2. HP12C business calculator with case - 38Chevy454

*waiting for a mailing address from rwdflynavy

I expect to mail everything no later than next Monday. Books will go (gasp!) book rate. Everything else by cheapest USPS option.

Last 12c going to TexorBama

Darn it... Missed it. LOL

Still have my old HP12C around someplace. After using a TI (I think it was) it took a while to learn what we affectionately called "reverse P....." when using the 12C. I left out the word 'cause it wasn't considered evil to say it back in the 80s but might be now. YMMV

OK, continuing to do well. Down to two books.

Still Available

Taken

The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need, Andrew Tobias - aja8888
A Non-Random Walk Down Wall Street, Andrew Lo and Craig McKinlay -aja8888HP
35S scientific calculator with Quick Start Guide and case - Svensk Anga
1. HP12C business calculator with Owner's Handbook and case - rwdflynavy
3. HP12C business calculator - TexorBama

Still planning to mail all by Monday. This is kind of fun. I'm out of calculators but maybe I'll take another pass at the library.

Your trash is always someone else's treasure especially when it's free.
That was a very nice gesture for you to even pay the shipping. The same thing just happened to me on Reddit yesterday. A complete stranger paid $14 to ship me something they don't use and I need and won't take any money from me so now I need to figure out a way to pay it forward.

You can also list items on your local neighborhood Facebook Craiglist and Nextdoor pages if you want to keep them out of the landfill.

Thanks for the flowers.

Yes, I could use CraigsList and NextDoor and I do for bigger items (Do you need any Klipsch La Scalas?) but for low buck items I just don't want to deal with the uneven quality of inquiries I would get.

Still Available

Taken

Still planning to mail all by Monday. This is kind of fun. I'm out of calculators but maybe I'll take another pass at the library.

I guess I should have offered an old Inorganic Chemistry text that I pitched a few days ago. IIRC it was copyright around 1964. This was just after they discovered elements beyond air, earth, fire and water. YMMV

Still Available

Taken

For anyone with a kid who needs a good starting index investing book - I made my kids read millionaire teacher. It's an accessible (easy to read) book with the basics of saving and indexing. And free is a good price.

I would have snagged it but I already have a copy that I made my kids read.

I tried an HP12C some years ago. Some use them in my line of work, or used to anyway.

Didn't like it. Didn't think it was broken, just bass ackwards. :rolleyes:

If you're an engineer, or other scientist type, the RPN method does make things easier. I use HP calculators so much that I tend to mess up when using a std calculator.

Klipsch La Scalas huh? Where are you? I be in SW Oregon I have Magneplanars but have always wondered about the diametrical opposite being Klipsch speakers.

For anyone with a kid who needs a good starting index investing book - I made my kids read millionaire teacher. It's an accessible (easy to read) book with the basics of saving and indexing. And free is a good price.

I would have snagged it but I already have a copy that I made my kids read.

This would be good for my son. He's been asking alot of questions this past month since he'll be able to start investing in a 401k soon.

I've sent a message Old Shooter. Hopefully it's still available. And thank you for kindly offering. :)

I tried an HP12C some years ago. Some use them in my line of work, or used to anyway.

Didn't like it. Didn't think it was broken, just bass ackwards. :rolleyes:

Hence the "reverse" reference I made earlier. Supposedly, this feature, once learned made the device quicker and more useful. IIRC that was correct. Of course, I haven't used one for 25 years, so memory fades. YMMV

Millionaire Teacher, Andrew Hallam - RetiredAndLovingIt

Only one book left.

Klipsch La Scalas huh? Where are you? I be in SW Oregon I have Magneplanars but have always wondered about the diametrical opposite being Klipsch speakers.
... and I have always wondered about Maggies. :LOL: Too bad we are over 1,000 miles apart.

Back
Top Bottom