Golf Thread........I eagled a par 4!

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I played in an outing in Des Moines of Monday. On a long par 4 I had 200 yards to the hole into a 10 mph wind.

I hit my 7 wood as well as I can, and the shot looked like it was heading toward the flag but we couldn't see it land.

I go looking around behind the green for it, and can't find it. One of my playing partners suggests looking in the cup, and it WAS THERE!!! I found a ball mark about 6 inches left of the cup. I took a picture, and will try to post it on here........:)

Probably the best shot I ever hit in my life........:D

Congrats.

Look at it as a 200 yard hole-in-one, and you didn't have to buy drinks. Frugal golf.:D

Well, I bought my playing partners a few drinks. I had 3 witnesses, so noone questioned whether it really happened or not..........:LOL:

Congrats. Somebody make sure Jarhead sees this. He'll be jealous.

Congrats FDude! We're looking forward to seeing your ball in a cup!
sCh_golfer.gif

Me, too. But the darned propeller on the Windmill knocked my ball all thay back to the fire-breathing dragon, and had to take a stroke.

I go looking around behind the green for it, and can't find it. One of my playing partners suggests looking in the cup, and it WAS THERE!!!...

Oh your buddy so dropped a ball in the hole on you....:cool:

Oh your buddy so dropped a ball in the hole on you....:cool:

Interesting theory, except I was the FIRST one on the green, and he yelled that from 30 yards away...........;)

Congrats, FinanceDude! In my lifetime, I've had a couple eagles and a hole-in-one and never saw any of them. Bad eyes. Can't stand to wear glasses on the course, but I'm thinking about getting perscription glasses just for distance. I might be able to use these and it would surely make the game more enjoyable, just to see the ball.

Nah - just playing - along those lines, went target shooting the other day and did really well - ran a string of 8 shots and put 4 holes in the paper and the other 4 of them went right through the first 4 holes. Only reasonable conclusion...

Congrats, FinanceDude! In my lifetime, I've had a couple eagles and a hole-in-one and never saw any of them. Bad eyes. Can't stand to wear glasses on the course, but I'm thinking about getting perscription glasses just for distance. I might be able to use these and it would surely make the game more enjoyable, just to see the ball.

I didn't see it go in because the wind was blowing in my eyes and they were watering. I never had a hole-in-one, congrats! :D

A woman I play golf with did the same this morning--she is in golf heaven, so I can imagine what your reaction. Congrats!

Congrats! I've made a couple of eagles on par 4's but only with short irons as my second shot. A 200+ yard shot is pretty special.

Congrats! I've made a couple of eagles on par 4's but only with short irons as my second shot. A 200+ yard shot is pretty special.

I've done that as well. I played a course in Phoenix called Pavillion Lakes in 1997. They had a 265 yard par 4 on the back nine and I hit a 2 iron on the green and made the putt. That was probably my best shot on a par 4 until this one.........:)

Now I want to play more golf......:LOL:

"Now I want to play more golf......:LOL: "

There you go.....now you can't wait to play again! Congrats! Shots like that are fun just beacause of the way they come off the club head....sorta like "Wow! Is that how it feels to hit it right!!" :)

Wow, 200 yards ! Congrats!

Still play in mega corps league ... watched my partner hit a hole in one last year from 147 out. Never happened before in 20+ years of league play. 200 out is quite an accomplishment! Time to have a plaque made!

We tee off at 9:00am. Oh yeah, you still work.;)

9:00 tee time? I'll have nine holes in by then. Love that in the heat of the summer. Tee off at 7:00 AM and have a hard time seeing the ball looking right into the rising sun. New group I'm playing with. They don't mess around and we play "ready golf". Always finished by 11:00. A week ago I teed off at 7:00 in a threesome and we were done at 10:15. If you finish at 11:00 you might be last into the clubhouse and guys are already in there drinking beer. Can't handle that for breakfast.

Heck, I may quit golf the day I birdie a long par 4.

My best recently has been two perfect regulation par-5's...

2Cor521

9:00 tee time? I'll have nine holes in by then. Love that in the heat of the summer. Tee off at 7:00 AM and have a hard time seeing the ball looking right into the rising sun. New group I'm playing with. They don't mess around and we play "ready golf". Always finished by 11:00. A week ago I teed off at 7:00 in a threesome and we were done at 10:15. If you finish at 11:00 you might be last into the clubhouse and guys are already in there drinking beer. Can't handle that for breakfast.

I'm not much into dew raking. But we play "ready golf" too for the most part. We usually finish 18 holes in 3 hours. I can't stand slow play. :nonono:

Geez, this makes me want to take up golf! I feel like I've been missing out. Congrats on the accomplishment Finance Dude!!

Back
Top Bottom