Got a Crisp $2 Bill in the Mail

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Got a crisp $2 Bill in the mail yesterday. Received as followup for taking a survey from University of Michigan about 6 months ago.

I can give them a piece of my mind as what think the economy is like and got a $2 bill to show for my trouble :cool:.

That's nothing! Nielsen gave me $5. So there!

(Really. It was an email push survey about something about TV, can't remember what.)

(Really. It was an email push survey about something about TV, can't remember what.)

As I was filling out the survey just now, was feeling a bit underpaid :(.

A lot of questions that took longer that the 15 minutes specified.

Anyhow, $2 is $2.

Citi Visa recruited me awhile back to offer my opinions on Costco products, marketing campaigns, etc. They send me $10 via Paypal every month or two, depending upon how much I participate.

I post here (from home) instead of going to Dunkin Donuts to have my coffee, I save $1.84 and the housekeeper know's how I like it.

DH earned $16 for attending jury summons and being called back that afternoon for jury selection on a case. Fortunately while we were having lunch he got a call to tell him that the court case had been cancelled!

Yesterday I got $4 for looking down at the right time in a grocery store parking lot!

I signed up years ago with a market research service. I get called into 1 or 2 focus groups per year and they give a visa debit card in the range of $100 or so for an hour or two of time. Plus they usually have free food.

That reminds me Nielsen wants all my junk mail.

Got a crisp $2 Bill in the mail yesterday. Received as followup for taking a survey from University of Michigan about 6 months ago.

I can give them a piece of my mind as what think the economy is like and got a $2 bill to show for my trouble :cool:.

I have received a few $2 bills for taking part in surveys, too. Those, along with the ones I acquired back in the late 1970s when they came out, give me 4 in my collection.

The health care conglomerate that I get my health insurance from (UPMC) gave me a $50 amazon card for logging on to their patient web site and taking a survey. Nice to get some of it back. Later, they gave me a $10 gift card for taking a survey. DW got the $50 offer too but couldn't be bothered (!!!!).

Citi Visa recruited me awhile back to offer my opinions on Costco products, marketing campaigns, etc. They send me $10 via Paypal every month or two, depending upon how much I participate.

Wow, now I am feeling cheated by Chase, which just enters me in a drawing for an Amazon gift card after I do one of their customer panel activities!

DH earned $16 for attending jury summons and being called back that afternoon for jury selection on a case. Fortunately while we were having lunch he got a call to tell him that the court case had been cancelled!

Jury duty is onerous work! No thanks.

Wow, now I am feeling cheated by Chase, which just enters me in a drawing for an Amazon gift card after I do one of their customer panel activities!

Me too! USAA enters me in a drawing for $500 cash, but I never win. If I did, I’d likely get a 1099 at tax time.

I wouldn't mind being called for jury duty again. Unlike when I was working, I'd get to keep the entire payment instead of giving some of it back to my company in return for being paid my full salary while on JD. Only the portion for travel expenses I was able to keep.

Where I golf the owner always gives weird change. It’s the only place I go to that gives change in $2 bills. He also uses 50 cent pieces and $1 coins.

Where I golf the owner always gives weird change. It’s the only place I go to that gives change in $2 bills. He also uses 50 cent pieces and $1 coins.

I belong to an old farts' breakfast group that meets weekly. One guy has a thing about $2 bills. He periodically goes to the bank and gets a stack of them and carries them in his wallet to pay for smaller things. He claims that over time he has made a lot of acquaintances in stores, coffee shops, bars, etc AND that he gets better service by virtue of being "the $2 bill guy". It's just enough to distinguish him from everyone else without having to act weird, wear a silly hat or do something obnoxious to attract attention.

A friend of mine asked me to go with him Saturday as he was looking at a used car to buy. We drove it, inspected it and he bought it. I drove it back home and I found a quarter ($0.25) in the center console the previous owner overlooked. I gave it to my friend and said it's a discount on the purchase price he paid. :LOL:

I got called on jury duty about a year ago. Did get chosen. Only one day sitting in on a trial. Got paid for jury duty, plus the sandwich for lunch break was pretty good too. Chose a turkey sub plus chips on the side :).

When you try to spend them, do the millennial cashiers hand them back and say they're not "real money?" Happened to me. DF was a coin collector and when we went through his stuff after he died we found a stash of all of these. I think he liked to annoy people with them. :)

If you go to Monticello, they give change in the gift shop in $2 bills.

When you try to spend them, do the millennial cashiers hand them back and say they're not "real money?" Happened to me. DF was a coin collector and when we went through his stuff after he died we found a stash of all of these. I think he liked to annoy people with them. :)

If you go to Monticello, they give change in the gift shop in $2 bills.

The old silver dollar coins (Suzies) from circa 1978-1980 get strange reactions, too, even from older cashiers who think they are quarters. The more recent versions of these, the Goldies, at least don't look like quarters, they only feel like them because they are nearly the same size.

I would get the dollar coins from vending machines which, inexplicably, wouldn't accept those same coins!

I have a bunch of those old Eisenhower silver dollars from the early 1970s. At least those don't resemble quarters. Neither do the old Kennedy half-dollars.

When you try to spend them, do the millennial cashiers hand them back and say they're not "real money?"

Actually, for some unknown reason, I never try to spend them. Something about them being different I guess. I just tuck them away like I do my change.

Back
Top Bottom