Guilty Pleasures

Cosmetics from The Body Shop, and reading in bed.

I'm still (guiltily) enjoying these - I do try to control myself:
71L0mHkllfL._SL1240_.jpg
Oh, dear. Thanks, Audrey. We're going to Costco tomorrow . . . . :D

Sweets in general. The other day I went on an overnight golf trip and on the way home we stopped off at a popular deli/bakery in a small town. Had lunch and most of my buddies were buying pastries to take home, but I went for the big prize. A $24 caramel cake. My aunt used to make those so I couldn't resist. I did give away a big chunk to my neighbor though. But I will have to do a little extra walking this week. ;)

I bet you stopped at the Amish bakery where 82 goes to Starkville and Columbus. Am I correct?"

I bet you stopped at the Amish bakery where 82 goes to Starkville and Columbus. Am I correct?"
That would be the Ole Country Bakery in Brooksville, MS. That's one of the very few places to get your fresh rhubarb pie in MS. They also have many other varieties of pie, cake and pastry, as well as deli items.

When I was on the road for Megacorp, the Ole Country Bakery was one of my regular stops.

Actually, it is owned and operated by Mennonites. Orthodox Amish cannot own and operate a modern restaurant with air conditioning, refrigeration, and electric lights.

And there are all these photos of very young women with tiny bodies

Anything edible with chocolate on it.

....wha huh? Oh, sorry...letting my mind wander...

Love me some St. Louis-style pizza with provel cheese. And great BBQ (baby back ribs, pulled pork, and burnt ends) with a thick sweet sauce. And definitely grandma's mostaccioli with meatballs and homemade sauce.

A Chipotle burrito; barbicoa with white rice, pinto beans, sour cream and extra cheese. cherry Coke to drink. Then a Marlboro menthol smooth.

:dance:

I don't understand why any of this should be guilty, or even all that pleasurable. Well, except maybe the pizza, in my case New Haven pizza.

As an American Roman Catholic man, I've had my share of guilt, but it was always at least reasonably well earned.

I would like to have no guilt about anything, but I think that is unlikely to happen in this lifetime. Maybe I can come back as a Latino?

Ha

Last edited:
I have always seen the "guilty" in the title phrase as ironic.

Amethyst

I don't understand why any of this should be guilty, or even all that pleasurable. Well, except maybe the pizza, in my case New Haven pizza.

Ha

That is the place. I do not get through that part of MS often, but stop by when I do.
They have great sandwiches, also.

I think my guilty pleasure is going to Trader Joe's. I love: looking at all the products, the free coffee sample, looking at the other shoppers, the music they play and I enjoy interacting with the people who work there.

It's a nice 1.5 mile walk from my house and if I want to hop the bus back there is one that goes every 20 minutes.

Another guilty pleasure is the shower/steam room/hot tub/sauna at my gym.

I have so many, it's hard to narrow them down. :D

It doesn't help that I'm reading the responses & thinking "oh yeah, that!" "yeah, that one too!" and so on ... :blush:

Too many to list! But my old car is certainly the most expensive:
images

And my stereo that looks a lot like this:
2Q==

I also love Taco Bell but never eat it, and also Corned Beef Hash. And trashy entertainment gossip. Good to know I'm not alone!

I did order a giant pizza on Friday and ate it for every meal until DH came home from a trip out of town on Sunday night. :)

Most everything written by Stephen King. Have already pre-ordered Doctor Sleep.

Back
Top Bottom