Hair styling device.

GregLee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My wife's birthday is coming up in late September, and I saw that Amazon had one of their special sales today on a sort of combination dryer-brush-styler thingumbob, so on an impulse I ordered one. It's this: Amazon.com: Infinitipro Spin Air Rotating Styler, Black: Beauty. The thing is, if anyone uses it on my wife's hair, it's going to be me, not her, since I'm the one who trims her hair. My knowledge of hair styling is at a very primitive level, so I thought perhaps you all might have some helpful hints about how to use the thing when it gets here. I gather from the Amazon user reviews that the device works best on fine, medium-length hair, which is what my wife has, so it might work out well.

I have thick, coarse, naturally curly hair, which I discipline (I wouldn't say straighten) with a round brush and a blow dryer. Your device looks like somebody took a round brush and put a blow dryer inside it.

What I'm about to describe is what I do with my hair, but I don't see why it couldn't be adapted to your wife's hair texture. A hairdresser once told me that the secret of pumping up finer hair is "getting air into the hair," and that blow dryers are a great aid to this.

You may be able to use the device to give your wife's fine hair more volume by lifting/sectioning/pinning the upper hair layers to the top of her head (using hairdresser's butterfly clips - please don't actually pin it to her scalp:facepalm:) , then sectioning the bottom layers and drying each section separately by rolling it up on the brush and then carefully unrolling it. (Hair dried this way tends to be nice and bouncy). Then dry each top section the same way. Then carefully comb the whole head of hair back and up a little, to add height and volume. (At this point your wife is probably grabbing the comb out of your hand, wanting to do the rest herself!)

Good luck, it's nice that you care so much about your wife's hair.

Amethyst

I got a round hairbrush caught in my hair so badly once that I had to cut it out.
That spin option sounds like it could be wicked. Use with caution.

My wife's birthday is coming up in late September, and I saw that Amazon had one of their special sales today on a sort of combination dryer-brush-styler thingumbob, so on an impulse I ordered one. It's this: Amazon.com: Infinitipro Spin Air Rotating Styler, Black: Beauty. The thing is, if anyone uses it on my wife's hair, it's going to be me, not her, since I'm the one who trims her hair. My knowledge of hair styling is at a very primitive level, so I thought perhaps you all might have some helpful hints about how to use the thing when it gets here. I gather from the Amazon user reviews that the device works best on fine, medium-length hair, which is what my wife has, so it might work out well.

(emphasis mine) I think that you will have fun trying this gadget. However, since she will not be the one to use it I think that you should buy her something else in addition to this for her birthday. Maybe flowers or a romantic dinner out?

Last edited:
You may be able to use the device to give your wife's fine hair more volume by lifting/sectioning/pinning the upper hair layers to the top of her head (using hairdresser's butterfly clips - please don't actually pin it to her scalp:facepalm:) , then sectioning the bottom layers and drying each section separately by rolling it up on the brush and then carefully unrolling it. (Hair dried this way tends to be nice and bouncy).
I'll try that. The device is supposed to be good at adding volume.

Maybe flowers or a romantic dinner out?
I do have a history of getting her gadgets that are more fun for me than for her. I did also get her a mystery novel by one of her favorite authors.

Back
Top Bottom