Happy birthday John Lennon

Yes, we need to remember the good times and the joy. Recently watched the documentary "Good Ol' Frida" about the Beatles Fan Club secretary. A fun way to remember the times if you get a chance.

Yes, we need to remember the good times and the joy. Recently watched the documentary "Good Ol' Frida" about the Beatles Fan Club secretary. A fun way to remember the times if you get a chance.

I’d never heard of “Good Ol’ Freda” and find it on the Roku Channel. Thanks!

What a fun band! :D

Major talent. The Beatles are still my favorite band.

It's my birthday, too!

Happy Birthday, aja8888....and John!

omni

One of the greatest songwriters ever. I wasn't very excited when he married Yoko Ono and thought that she might have been responsible for the breakup of the Beetles but in hindsight I think Yoko was a very positive influence on him and I think he made some of his best music. So sad that his life was ended so early - we were deprived of one of the best of all time.

Happy Bday to the Walrus!

Last edited:
Damn Librans......oh, wait....:LOL:

It's my birthday, too!

Happy Birthday, aja8888....and John!

omni

Lol! DD's birthday too. Her oldest daughter was born on George's birthday, and the younger one missed Paul's by 3 days. I kept telling her to squeeze her knees together for a few more days, but kids these days, they never listen to their parents. We coulda gotten the band back together!

Wow...a lot of birthday celebrations today....add my sister-in-law. Happy birthday to everyone. :flowers:

In the song “God” on Lennon/Plastic Ono Band, John says, “I was the Walrus, but now I’m John,” so clearly John was the walrus. :popcorn:

Just listened to a podcast [audio only] where Sean Lennon interviews a number of people including Elton John; Julian Lennon; Paul McCartney about their memories of his father.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000n5pq

The first part is about an hour long, there are others on that site as well, of varying lengths. If you have the time, it's an interesting way to soak up a few Covid hours.

What a creative bunch those Beatles.

"I buried Paul." They knew how to pull our chains...

Remembering that I used to walk a few miles to E.J.Korvette's and stamd in front of the displays deciding Mono or Stereo...

Did anyone see Lennon, Harrison or Beatles live?

I'm a bigger fan of Harrison and Lennon post Beatles.

Years ago I saw Julian Lennon at a small venue and got perhaps a very small taste of what the old man may have been like (and definitely what he sounded like) live. He was excellent.

Also saw Mccartney years ago which was very worthwhile.

When I was 7 yrs. old I think that's accurate, the Beatles played Shea Stadium. My best friend's older sister went to that concert. She brought home a baggie of 10 grains of sand the Beatles stood on. Seriously, she paid $10 (a lot of money back then) for it and treasured those grains of sand.

Back
Top Bottom