Happy Father's Day

Thank you very much - not a word from DD so I'll take anything I can get :LOL:

Happy Day!

Yes, Happy Father's Day to all you Dads. I think of mine every day and still catch myself parroting some of his funny sayings. He was unfailingly good-natured and caring with his two daughters. He was fifty when I was born as WW II kept my parents apart for 4 years. Can't believe he would be 105 next month.

Last edited:
In Spain Father´s Day is on March, 19. But very disappointing all the same:D:D!

In Spain Father´s Day is on March, 19. But very disappointing all the same:D:D!

When is Mother's Day in Spain? In England Father's Day is always the same day as in the USA but Mother's Day is a religious holiday (Mothering Sunday) and occurs during Lent (the 3rd Sunday I believe).

When is Mother's Day in Spain? In England Father's Day is always the same day as in the USA but Mother's Day is a religious holiday (Mothering Sunday) and occurs during Lent (the 3rd Sunday I believe).
Here Mother´s Day is always May´s first Sunday.
Looking forward to Fish and Chips when I visit London in 3 weeks, though I was disappointed when I tried them in Bath 10 years ago. Beautiful pace, Bath. I ate them for the first time in a 2 week tour of South England in 1974. They were delicious....or was I then a hungry backpacker?:LOL:

Here Mother´s Day is always May´s first Sunday.
Looking forward to Fish and Chips when I visit London in 3 weeks, though I was disappointed when I tried them in Bath 10 years ago. Beautiful pace, Bath. I ate them for the first time in a 2 week tour of South England in 1974. They were delicious....or was I then a hungry backpacker?:LOL:

Thanks for the info. I've never been to Bath so can't comment on the quality of the fish and chips which definitely vary in quality from place to place.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip - try asking the locals the best place to get fish and chips.

Happy Fathers Day :greetings10:

Hope all those with Dads are givin' them some love today. DH and I lost our Dads years ago. BTW, while out and about, we noticed the local golf course was jammed packed! It made us smile thinking about how many golf lovin' guys were enjoying the beautiful weather this Dad's dad.

I got fish & chips in Bath a few years ago (was it 5 years back?). We went to a cafeteria-style place (got your food on a tray, paid for it, then found a seat) just south of the square with the baths and the abbey. As I recall, the food was decent, but definitely nowhere near the best I'd had.

Bath is an interesting place, but the place was PACKED that day. The tour of the baths was unpleasant with lots of tourists packed in like sardines, and each person had their electronic tour doodad which apparently rendered them oblivous to everyone else who was there.

Back
Top Bottom