Has anybody bought a Honda Civic recently?

Better handling in slippery conditions, safety, etc. I have yet to see ANY conclusive study on that it's better than FWD with traction control, RWD with stability control, etc.
I may be wrong, but having 4 "active" wheels is superior if you live where there is significant ice and snow. And 4WD race cars have been prohibited in many different racing arenas because they are so superior (going all the way back to the first Audi Quattro rally cars).

Your other alternatives still have two wheels that are just along for the ride. A lot of people get themselves into serious trouble because they think somehow traction control, stability control and all the variants create traction - they don't.

If you don't have ice, snow (or off road) to deal with, I'd agree 4WD isn't worth the extra $.

I bought a 2007 Civic LX Coupe last June - cost $18,500 out the door.
Great mileage low 30s in city 40+ on highway (I'm trying my best to hypermile.)
Great car. :)

I have had several Hondas and Toyotas in the past but bought a Subaru Forrester last go round. I love my Subie. OK gas mileage, good safety features and you can haul a lot of stuff around in it. If I was going to get a regular car, I would go with a Civic again. I would go with a new one since the used ones are not cheap. My last one was great and would have lasted decades if someone hadn't creamed it on the Capital Beltway.:p

Between 48 and 50 mpg, depending on how much driving around town versus highway driving (it is mostly highway). Oddly enough, it is also dependent on the weather. Warmer is better.

Just to update. Now that the weather is warmer, the car is fully broken in and perhaps I am learning to drive more economically, I am up to 56-57 mpg.

I have had several Hondas and Toyotas in the past but bought a Subaru Forrester last go round. I love my Subie. OK gas mileage, good safety features and you can haul a lot of stuff around in it. If I was going to get a regular car, I would go with a Civic again. I would go with a new one since the used ones are not cheap. My last one was great and would have lasted decades if someone hadn't creamed it on the Capital Beltway.:p
I love my 2008 Subie Impreza.

Has a nifty real time mpg computer guage - even with 4 wheel drive through hypermiling able to get 29-30 in the city.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom