help on a website

ronin

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I frequent a website that has a good surf forecast. A day or two ago, the section of the web page that has the surf report went blank. Everything else on the site works fine. I can still get the report on my laptop, so the problem is on my PC apparently. The only thing that I can think of that has changed is that I ran an update to Java at about the same time. Never caused a problem with previous updates. Any thoughts?

Here's the website (the affected area is below the forecast map, the 3 tabs - surf report, charts, links all have blank space below):

SwellWatch

Might be the site, not you.
Are you sure you're getting the current surf on your laptop, or maybe an older cached version?

I get the blank spot. If I turn off tracking protection for the site (the Google one I think? Blue circle with the line through it), I get the full content.

I emailed them and the techie guy said that it was a problem on their site from a recent round of upgrades and has been fixed. Cleared my cache and bingo, I'm back in business. Between the forecasts here and the surfcams on Surfline, I can save on some wasted trips to the beach. With the price of gas, it's probably close to $15 round trip. I'd get a more economical surfmobile, but after 19 yrs and no major repairs, I figure I'll run it into the ground first ('93 Toyota Landcruiser).

Back
Top Bottom