Here goes nothing....

Ask ME the tough questions. It will help me focus...:)

Fire away folks. There may be things I have not thought about. :confused:

From (my admittedly biased) west coast perspective you appear to be moving from a location with really, really, really crappy weather to a location with only really, really crappy weather.

My take is that the important metrics are the hours of "outside activity time" and the hours of "sunshine time" per week.

If you move from a place where you don't get outside because it is 0F to a place where it is only 10F is it going to make that much of a difference?

Freebird.........Best of luck to you! I would say......If you have thought it over carefully, which it appears you definitely have, go for it!

Just two things to keep in mind......Like Suzie Ormand says of older couples.....Do NOT co-mingle any assets or financial accounts.....

And two.....this one from me......Keep you eyes open and your head on straight with Mr. Boston......Unfortunately, it seems we all have to be with someone at least a year before the "true" person comes out. Hopefully, he will stay as wonderful as he is now........but, if he doesn't.....do not make excuses for him....cut your losses and and leave. And make sure you always have the resources to do that! Hope I wasn't too honest.....I'm talking to you like I would a sister, even if she didn't want to hear it!

From (my admittedly biased) west coast perspective you appear to be moving from a location with really, really, really crappy weather to a location with only really, really crappy weather.
I'm glad she's willing to live in those places so that the government doesn't make us move there to fulfill some sort of quota...

My daughter has lived in both areas Western Mass. then Boston and now in west nowhere New York and the difference between Mass & nowhere New York is occasionally the snow does melt in Mass .

My take is that the important metrics are the hours of "outside activity time" and the hours of "sunshine time" per week.

If you move from a place where you don't get outside because it is 0F to a place where it is only 10F is it going to make that much of a difference?
We all have our likes and dislikes when it comes to weather. I am a 4 season person. That may change...then we go to Plan B.

Another way to look at this is I am moving from an area with DAILY lake effect snow from Lake Ontario (sometimes measured in feet) and NOTHING TO DO to an area with the occasional Nor'easter with lots of opportunities. Snow is not the problem...it is the rural area I currently live in. I may not have adequately described just how "out in the country" I am. One traffic light on the state highway leading to my country road. Operating dairy farm just 1/4 mile away.
Yes, Virginia, places like that still do exist. What was ideal in youth has become annoying in middle age.

My 4WD Jeep and being FIREd puts a different spin on driving in snow no matter where I am in the NE. Just wait until the commuter traffic is done and let the plows go through. :D

Frankly, I'm beginning to worry about Mr Boston. Who is looking out for him?

After all, he's just getting ready to move with (in her own words) a sassafrassing tough talkin' little cuss, who also describes herself (just in this thread) as an adventurer, a chameleon, annoying and a free bird! Oh, and she's an engineer to boot! And not the marrying kind.

Anyone else worried about Mr. Boston?

All the best to you Freebird - you'll be just fine!
These "wallflower" qualities are the things that attracted him to me in the first place.
He needs and has found an intellectual equal and a non-game playing female (BONUS POINTS). :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom