Hey, if this cancer gets me can I...

OldAgePensioner

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Marry some gal just before I die and give her the SS benefits?

I want my SS benefits to go to someone. They took lots of money over the years. I wouldn't mind giving it to a total stranger just as long as it's who I want to have it.?

I have a bitch you can marry and she lives here with me. We could use your ss benefit. Check out my avatar.  ;)

OldAgePensioner said:
DOG51,
that looks better than most guys wives.  Bringer on.

Hey good buddy. I know you had some cancer surgery a few months ago. I hope you are doing ok.  You seem to be doing a good job of enjoying life. Hang in there and keep being positive.  :)

DOG51,
I'm goin go full tilt boogie till some a$$hole tells me I can't.
I got some good training as a tenager and it helps with the goals.

Thanks

Just wondering if you get in some medical stife can you marry some gal just to make sure your SSN goes to someone who needs it.?

You are probably joking, but in case you are serious, remember that someone who would do this may also make a run for your assets. Not sure whether you would care, but you may have other goals for them.

Ha

Ha,
not kidding much. I will probably not see SS and that really gauls me. How can I get that money in someone's pocket?

It's money that I paid in and I'll give it to anyone should my time be ending.
The 401k is worrisome too.

Life, to hell with it.

OldAgePensioner said:
not kidding much. I will probably not see SS and that really gauls me. How can I get that money in someone's pocket?

It's money that I paid in and I'll give it to anyone should my time be ending.
The 401k is worrisome too.

Life, to hell with it.

In a word, OAP, bullsh*t.

Take care of your self, get through your surgery (they would not be operating if they thought you had one foot in the grave), and recover. Stop worrying about your frickin social security and get ready to live life again. Maybe you have 2 years, maybe you have 30 years. In the end you can say the same for any of us.

Today I saw at least half a dozen patients who had cancer surgery more than 8-10 years ago and were doing just fine, thank you.

That said, I'll be glad to marry you. How much are the benefits?

Rich,
Renal Cell Carcinoma (Clear Cell) Stage One ( no alternatives than surgery). Surgery was problematic with fistulas (heavy blood clots and baldder involvement) and spots in lungs. Since that time lots of weight lost.

Newly reduced 31 inch waist on nearly 6 ft tall, 56 year old man. Cool.

Whatever I live will be a riot, that's just me. But I hate to leave anything on the table. Trying to figure out how to get all that money that was put away. Somebody can use it.

In my case SS just goes back to Uncle Sam. Damn shouldn't someone else have that.

OAP, if it helps, the money you paid in is going to someone: all those widows, orphans and elderly for whom life would be MUCH bleaker than without SS. SS taxes I am not thrilled about, but I can stomach since they keep a LOT of people above the poverty line. Now all that military spending and bridges to nowhere...

OAP has a legitimate thought. To me, the question might be: 1) a pre-nuptial that would ensure everything he does own goes to who he wants it to go to, and then 2) marry in time to assign SSBs to surviving spouse.

Might be worth one or more of you American folks checking that out. Could be of value to many single pensioners who monitor this forum!

What a bummer!!  You should have two missions: take care of you and take care of other business.

Under these circumstances forget the T-Mobile bill.  If your assetts are well situated then they will have a hell of a time collecting.

SS Survivors Benefits: Married for 7 years and be age 60, disabled or have minor children. Good thought though, now if'n ya don't want to pay the medical bills, we can get married and add you to my employer plan! ;)

connie, your on. ;)

Let's see I get free medical but I probably won't last 7 years so you don't get my SS but I'll leave ya with my Betty Boop rubber doll collection.

Oh GOODY a wedding with no shotgun!!!  Now, can ya get me a GI Joe collection with some wheat bread:confused: :angel:

How about lifesize Rambo blowup doll and silk whip. Belonged to the ex-lady friend. ;)

OAP,
I asked a "relative" of mine who retired from the ss department about your situation. The only qualification is that you have to be married a year in order for your "wife" to get your ss check. I then joked around and said "or you can just get a fake marriage license that's backdated." She said you could because ss doesn't check. Ah our govern't and it's citezens working hand in hand. ::)

Arif,
I've always figured a smart person could outwit 99% of the government and it's employees.

As an 18 year old, I was working after school and on weekends. The IRS audited my meager $4000 return. I lost most of my respect for our government that day. Never regained it.

Arif,

I don't have much respect for the relative that retired from SSA. She obviously did not do her job. I just retired from Social Security and I can guarantee you that marriage certificates are required. I took many, many widow's claims and alway required the needed evidence. Please do not lump all government employees with your irresponsible relative. Thanks!

I don't have much respect for the relative that retired from SSA. She obviously did not do her job. I just retired from Social Security and I can guarantee you that marriage certificates are required. I took many, many widow's claims and alway required the needed evidence. Please do not lump all government employees with your irresponsible relative. Thanks!

Too bad they didn't teach you how to read while you were working for the SS department. I never said you didn't need a marriage certificate in order to get the benefits. If you reread my post you can then edit your post so it makes sense.

BTW- How do you think illegal aliens get VALID social security cards? Fake documents. You must have been a supervisor that never left your office if you don't know that this is going on in your organization.

OAP: you are a hoot. I admire your free spirit to just pick up and move to SF, especially so soon after your surgery. Sounds like you have good doctors in SF from your previous posts. What's going on? you sound down today about the medical stuff. I am a 9 year survivor -- keep strong..

Ginger,
good to hear you've done well with it, and kept the spirit. I'm getting a bit much heaped on me in the last month or so and this week was especially frustrating so I'm venting to strangers on a board and whew, now I feel a bit better.

OAP

That's what we're here for, vent away, rant, what ever makes you feel better.

Back
Top Bottom