Honoring Our Fallen Hereos

Family Adopts Slain Son's Military Dog

What a wonderful way to honor one of OUR TROOPS. The Marines allowed the family of Cpl. Dustin Lee to adopt Lex the bomb-sniffing dog, who served with their son.

Iraq war dog to retire with fallen Marine's family - CNN.com

Two paragraphs from the article
Lex was beside Cpl. Dustin Lee when Lee was killed in a mortar attack in Falluja.

In spite of his injuries, the dog didn't want to leave Lee's side after the attack, according to the Marine's father. Other Marines reportedly had to pull the dog away from the young man's body so medics could reach him.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS, OUR FALLEN HEROES AND THEIR FAMILIES:angel:

Last edited:
What a wonderful way to honor one of OUR TROOPS. The Marines allowed the family of Cpl. Dustin Lee to adopt Lex the bomb-sniffing dog, who served with their son.

Iraq war dog to retire with fallen Marine's family - CNN.com

Two paragraphs from the article
Lex was beside Cpl. Dustin Lee when Lee was killed in a mortar attack in Falluja.

In spite of his injuries, the dog didn't want to leave Lee's side after the attack, according to the Marine's father. Other Marines reportedly had to pull the dog away from the young man's body so medics could reach him.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS, OUR FALLEN HEROES AND THEIR FAMILIES:angel:

I'm very familiar with this story. Cpl. Lee's family lives about 20 miles south of me. I remember when Mr. Lee was returned home. A very sad time for the community.

I hope the family finds some peace with the adoption of their son's dog. The only downside is when the dog dies, it will be like burying their son again. I certainly wish the very best for his family and friends.

Back from Iraq, veteran finds charity work, maybe politics

A Christian Science Monitor article - Back from Iraq, veteran finds charity work, maybe politicsBack from Iraq, veteran finds charity work, maybe politics - Former Army Capt. Jon Powers launched War Kids Relief to help Baghdad's orphans

Back from Iraq, veteran finds charity work, maybe politics | csmonitor.com

A great article on Mr. Powers, an Iraq War veteran it shows what the human spirit can do to help others which are less fortunate.

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael Monsoor

CNN news - Navy SEAL paid ultimate price to save buddies

Navy SEAL paid ultimate price to save buddies - CNN.com

Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael Monsoor received the Congressional Medal of Honor.

GOD BLESS Michael Monsoor and his family.:angel:

GOD BLESS OUR FALLEN HEROES, OUR TROOPS AND THEIR FAMILIES:angel:

Last edited:
CNN News - A U.S. military mission: Food and smiles:angel:

A U.S. military mission: Food and smiles - CNN.com

Story Highlights :angel:

U.S. troops deliver food to poor Hondurans on their own dime and time

Many of the troops are here after serving in Iraq and Afghanistan

"We love doing this," Air Force chaplain says

Smiles abound, children greet troops, communities grateful for aid

GREAT ARTICLE!:angel:

It is nice to read another article in which OUR TROOPS are making a difference in the lives of people around the world.:angel:

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

Top Honor for Valor to 19 Year old

ABC News - Top Honor for Valor to 19 Year old

Pennsylvania Native Threw Himself on Grenade in Baghdad

Excerpt from the article

Army Pfc. Ross McGinnis is the fourth service member to receive the military's highest honor for valor, the Medal of Honor, for combat in Iraq.

End of excerpt.

God Bless Us All:angel:

Back
Top Bottom