How a password changed my life!

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just hope that when I die and hopefully go to heaven's gate that I will remember my username and password to get in!

I'm going to try this guys approach to using passwords... seems like a great idea. Just wanted to share. A little earthy language in the article.

article: How a password changed my life!

I love it! It's so annoying to be required to change passwords (and yes, I know it's for a good reason) but this turns it into an opportunity for positive thinking and goal-setting.

Great article and I am glad it worked for this fellow. Forgiveness is so important in life. Like my old grandpappy used to say " Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."

But....

Jut remember to insert those non alphabetic characters. Password cracking software uses dictionaries to try various combinations of words in an attempt to discover a password. Hopefully, there are other protections.

I've long since committed my important passwords to KeePass - no idea what any of them are. Having said that though, I doubt my butt size will ever go down! ;)

Ha ha, one of my password variants is a slightly derogatory (but accurate) secret code name we assigned to a particularly crappy coworker. I think I started using it when one of those "your password expires in 10 days" messages popped up and I needed something more secure to prevent said crappy coworker from hacking my computer (which she had done on multiple occasions previously).

I still use it today occasionally (with spelling and alphanumeric substitution variants, symbols, interstitial capitalization, etc).

Maybe I've changed my life for the bitter? :)

Enjoyed it. Thanks for posting it. I will have to try it.

Back
Top Bottom