Anyone Else Having Trouble With Outlook?

freedomatlast

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My internet and email service provider made me change my password today.

So, I went to my phone and updated the password and Outlook works just fine.

On my laptop, I went into account settings then server settings to update the password like I have many times before, and it won't take the new password. I delete the old password, type in the new one and I get a message that says "Something went wrong and Outlook couldn't save your account settings. Try again." I've tried again literally at least 25 times off and on for the last 4 hours several different ways and keep getting the same message.

Any ideas to find resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Running Windows 10, Office 2016 Professional on a two year old Dell.

Last edited:
I wish I could help but all I can do is wish you the best and hope the issue can get resolved. Nothing worse when I have issues with computer related problems.

Good Luck.

The subject of this thread says Outlook Express, which is obsolete. But then the first post says Outlook. I would just google the error message for some ideas how to resolve. Just don't download any files trying to fix it that could just be malware.

Thanks to all that responded.

Shanehus, special thanks to you!! Finding outlook in the control panel with Office 16 Professional was quite a bit different than in the video, and it alluded me last night. It took awhile to figure that out, but with the help of that video, I was able to solve the issue!

I see you are a fairly new member so welcome to ER.org and thanks so much again for providing that. In all my searching for something like that last night, I didn't see that.

Have a great day!

PS...And yes the title should read Outlook, not Outlook Express. The edit function disappeared before I could change it. If one of the mods wanted to fix that for me, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
Thanks to all that responded.

Shanehus, special thanks to you!! Finding outlook in the control panel with Office 16 Professional was quite a bit different than in the video, and it alluded me last night. It took awhile to figure that out, but with the help of that video, I was able to solve the issue!

I see you are a fairly new member so welcome to ER.org and thanks so much again for providing that. In all my searching for something like that last night, I didn't see that.

Have a great day!
Good to hear. Really thought it was odd to see a thread with a subject about Outlook Express. :LOL:

Yes, good to hear. It always amazes me with the expertise help you can get on ER in any subject that comes up.

Back
Top Bottom