How to swear like a drunken sailor

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
This probably falls under the category of "What do you do all day". Well, every so often, I look at Regretsy - Where DIY Meets WTF. This morning's entry caught my eye. You can read it here. Based on a request from a reader, people were asked to compile a list of their favorite obscenities. A sort of to-do list of how to swear like a drunken sailor. Over 1000 submissions, carefully compiled into a PDF here. Some are disturbing, many are new to me, but some are creative and amusing in their own uniquely offense way. Not for the dainty or those easily offended.

Last edited:
Great stuff..
Where was this list when I really needed it?
I guess it was there all along, but now, thanks to technology, we are all better off..:LOL:

Funny and dirty--the perfect site with good comments too.

I like this link from one of the comments: Nabokov Blues - TS Fay

which might be useful if W2R decides to hunker down for Isaac.

Classic. And here I was thinking I didn't ned any further tutelage in this area...

It's always a good thing to expand one's vocabulary. The Urban Dictionary is another good source, but probably a little more graphic.

Noticed "Bill O'Reilly" in amongst the curse words. Looked it up in the Urban Dictionary. Got my laugh in for the day.

I don't miss a single post of April's Regretsy. It is truly fantastic and I enjoyed the cursing guidelines but revisiting them is always a good idea.

This sort of thing is good for keeping you humble. I had thought I was fairly accomplished in this area (we spent more than one midnight shift thinking up new strings) but it turns out I'm not that good.

I glanced at the list briefly, and did not find it amusing.

No, I don't think I am that squeamish. But on occasions when I was searching for terms like that in my mind, they were not circumstances that I would want to remember or to relive.

Just spend a little time in most any mall's food court and listen to the teenagers, even the girls have mastered and are applying four letter words to nearly every oral ejaculation.

Just spend a little time in most any mall's food court and listen to the teenagers, even the girls have mastered and are applying four letter words to nearly every oral ejaculation.

Very true. I rarely swear and never in public. I believe in saving those words for very "special" occassions. Like when I remember my old boss.

My wife never curses. She does not even use the word sh*t. And whenever I curse at a guy cutting me off in traffic, she gives me a hard time.

Very true. I rarely swear and never in public. I believe in saving those words for very "special" occassions. Like when I remember my old boss.
Ah, yes. I too found many phrases on that list reminding me of former bosses. Most, however, fell short. The phrases, not the bosses.

Back
Top Bottom