Hurricane Matthew

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
All you Florida folks please stay safe during the next few days and Matthew..... :) We are preparing as I type.

My folks have been vacationing in Myrtle Beach, but they have to leave early--there's a mandatory evacuation as of tomorrow.

I have been thinking about those in Florida and the coast. The pictures from Haiti are horrifying. Stay safe! God Bless!

We're FL folks but it's our MD house that's in the path. Our FL house (Bonita Springs) isn't even supposed to get any rain from this one. And by the time it gets up here to MD it should be weaker, after pummeling Sarah in SC and others on the way. Stay safe, y'all.

Leaving Boston on a cruise to Bermuda this Friday afternoon. Looks like we will just sneak out ahead of the worst. Hope it's not too rough on the way out. We live in southeast Connecticut so hope it goes far enough out to sea so we don't have to worry about the house while we are on the cruise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

close the hurricane shutters, throw the patio furniture in the pool and head for the hills! Be safe everyone in the path.

Take care, all of you who may be in Matthew's path. You know what to do so please don't take chances.

Some of you might find that this is a good time for a brief vacation away from the coast.

Just secured what appears to be the last piece of boatyard dry land that doesn't already have a boat on it at ground zero in NC. The dry spots fill up FAST! Will be stripping, hauling-out, and securing the boat tomorrow.

We're FL folks but it's our MD house that's in the path. Our FL house (Bonita Springs) isn't even supposed to get any rain from this one. And by the time it gets up here to MD it should be weaker, after pummeling Sarah in SC and others on the way. Stay safe, y'all.

+1

Home Depot is probably out of everything by now.

Nature favors the prepared

We used to lose power all the time. If there was no reason, the power outage lasted 8 hours. If there was a good reason, the outage could last two weeks. Then we bought a generator. Now the power rarely goes out, and it's back on within 2 hours. The only use the gen gets is when friends borrow it.

I echo the sentiments about staying safe being job 1.

We will whup up on Matthew here in Charleston so he won't mess with any of the rest of y'all!

Stay safe everyone, and keep up with the news if it might be coming your way.

If it turns to the West as is "Predicted" it looks like South Florida is in for a real soaking, the rest will go up the seaboard. We are under a Hurricane watch as of 6:30am today. :(

We are definitely watching and getting ready for "whatever", here in Southeastern Va. Several family members have property on the coasts of NC and have boarded up and closed hurricane shutters, etc.

Hurricanes are so unpredictable. I remember when Katrina sped up and jagged right before it slammed into New Orleans. The high involved with Matthew may indeed keep it somewhat off the coast. Still...a lot of rain is involved and we just had over 10 inches a week or two ago. Hope everyone stays safe!

Florida people - be careful. I remember when they told us Katrina would hit the Panhandle and then at the last minute it went a lot further west and nailed Biloxi to New Orleans. We did not enjoy the experience but fortunately we had evacuated. Take care!

This sucks. It just sucks. My mother died early yesterday and her funeral is scheduled for Monday. In Myrtle Beach. Yes, odds are that the storm will have passed by then but our hotel cancelled our reservations last night (for Saturday through Tuesday nights) because of the mandatory evacuations. Because government offices may be closed they may not even be able to get a permit for cremation, although I suppose you can have a funeral without the remains present.

Current plan is to get on the road anyway tomorrow and maybe plan to stay a couple of hours inland Saturday night and see what happens. I do not need this.

Condolences on the loss of your mother.

Sorry about your Mom, Athena. It's a terrible situation and having all this hassle only makes it worse. My condolences.

Also, it looks like Matthew may be apocalyptic.

Ct7XMsFXgAA2_Kj.jpg:large

Well, they just postponed the funeral. They'll make a decision Monday on a new date after the storm has passed. Sigh. Must cancel hotel reservations. Must reverse hold on the mail.

Back
Top Bottom