I dont think I've ever...

I was in the Kansas City Airport and saw a security screener pass a wand over a travelers bare feet! Just about shorted out my brain thinking of the stupidity. Procedures and rules are not a substitute for intelligence.

Lazarus said:
I was in the Kansas City Airport and saw a security screener pass a wand over a travelers bare feet!
While the decoy inspector was doing that, the real pros were watching the rest of the line to see who suddenly stepped out and headed to a bathroom...

Well the thing is, this guy paints the TSA as being head and shoulders better than what was in place before 9/11, and that security is so much better now.

Aside from locking the cockpit doors and the passengers kicking the terrorists asses should they try that again, everything I've seen says the security performance is actually WORSE than it was prior to the TSA implementation, and unless they start x-raying checked baggage they havent done anything useful.

What do they think, the terrorists will say "well, we could put a bomb in a checked bag and blow the flight up....nahhh...thats too easy...and since we cant bring nail clippers and knitting needles with us, and we have to take our shoes off...well...I guess we're licked..."?

Cute 'n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
Well the thing is, this guy paints the TSA as being head and shoulders better than what was in place before 9/11, and that security is so much better now.
"The TSA is not at liberty to discuss airline security enhancements", not that we have a need to know.

And after they read this thread, I hope we're not traveling anytime soon!

Havent been on a plane since early 2001. It'll be a good 8-10 years before I do. Maybe by then we'll have made some progress.

In the meanwhile, should you end up on that flight, feel free to relax in safety. The first guy that goes anywhere near the cockpit or looks like he's going to make some sort of announcement is going to get BOTH of my feet so far up his backside that he's going to wish he'd married a horse instead.

Back
Top Bottom