Parking Tickets

My personal BTD is that I don't pay parking meters. A bit of a game to see how many times I can do so without getting a ticket.

Right now, I'm running about a 95% success rate! So, $25 every year or so and it saves me the hassle of apps and credit cards. Get out of the car and go.

FWIW, my town charges .75 cents for 20 minutes so I think I'm way ahead if I park for 2 hours and dodge the ticket week after week.

Last edited:
Slightly different, but I have noticed in our small town in eastern Washington that many MANY vehicles do not have current registration tabs. Some tabs are from 2021! Is this statewide? Do they no longer ticket you for expired tabs in Washington state?

$30 sounds like a bargain! I haven't gotten a parking ticket in 25 years or more. It was in a big city and was more like $50 or more from what I recall. $30 sounds like a good break! Must be a very small town. :)

Was in Maui at the Ocean Aquarium, Ma'alea. Dummy me, last time I was here there was no paid parking, it was all free. So I just assumed and meandered in. Of course, there was a ticket...with a fee of $39, but then of course I need to still pay for the parking so included is that $10 parking fee for $49.

So much for that Veteran's discount I got on the tickets that I was so excited about lol.

Our Fair city seems to look for excuses to get rid of street parking. I've seen whole streets with "no parking today - construction" covering paid parking. It could be like that for months - and no visible construction. The other big "grab" is to allow new Federal-money bike lanes. I'm not anti-bike, but after 5 or 6 years of new bike lanes, the only bikes I ever see on these lanes are when I want to cross one of them (either walking or driving to a parking lot.) Then, by some miracle, there is a biker zooming along at 20mph in my path. How is that possible?:facepalm::LOL:

Look at the bright side. Wasn't a moving violation. I got a $100 ticket a few years back at a no turn on red trap. Since then, I've pretty much avoided going in that sham of a town again.

Back
Top Bottom