“I got you, babe”

Fantastic movie. Time for me to watch it again. I grew up near the town it was filmed in, so it's kind of cool to see all those shots of the Woodstock (IL) Square. It is picturesque and quaint (the hotel in the movie is actually the Woodstock Opera House, with regular popular music performances held there).

I honestly can't remember what happens with all those attempts to end his life, so I need to watch it now.

-ERD50

Favorite movie ever! We missed the first run in theaters, but soon after, I saw it in a hotel while on a business trip. I was so affected that as soon as I returned home, I got a hotel room in our home town for the night so that my wife could see it. As Bill Murray himself recently said, "It's the idea that we just have to try again ... such a beautiful, powerful idea."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/theater/bill-murray-groundhog-day-broadway.html

Fantastic movie. Time for me to watch it again. I grew up near the town it was filmed in, so it's kind of cool to see all those shots of the Woodstock (IL) Square. It is picturesque and quaint (the hotel in the movie is actually the Woodstock Opera House, with regular popular music performances held there).

I honestly can't remember what happens with all those attempts to end his life, so I need to watch it now.

-ERD50

Me too. Crystal Lake!

I can't remember the attempts at suicide either. Maybe I've watched too many "edited for TV" versions. Got to watch it again. When DW isn't around :cool:

Happy Ground Hog day!

Heh heh.... DW heard the intro to that song on the clock radio this morning in bed.

She knew EXACTLY where they were going with that. #GHD.

-gauss

I was watching the news and they said that the people who manage Ground Hog Day have said that the majority of people associate it with the movie and NOT the furry rodent...

I am one that associates with the rodent even though I saw the movie....

Back
Top Bottom