I just had one of THE MOST PROFOUND & emotionally moving moments of my life...

That is a really tough one and you have some deep soul searching to do.

For me, I didn't mind if we had any kids or not, but I loved my wife so much that whatever she wanted was fine by me.

She always said that she had a terrific "biological need" to have children, and we had 2 plus she had a miscarriage between 1 and 2 and then that was it the "need" had gone.

I think you should continue to discuss this and not make any decisions just yet as this is pretty big.

Well, today for our anniversary she wanted to lay in bed and watch a movie...so we grabbed a DVD that's not been opened in the few years we've owned it :"CLICK" with Adam Sandler. Now, this is not a Class A movie, but it certainly had the right 'moral' for me at the right time. So much so that I was actually sobbing (well, trying to hold it back) at the end. The plot is that of a business man who spends too much time at work, ignores the family, and misses out on a lot.

It was just what I needed at this point in my life. I've come to this same realizations several times before, but this movie so poignantly drove it home.

If you havent seen it, it's worth a few bucks to rent....a comedy/drama i guess you could call it.

Just thought I'd share...I'm still recovering... no joke.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the movie recommendation - I watched the whole thing on youtube after you posted this. I too have been guilty of putting work first before family and had the feeling that Sandler had in the movie that they were just "bugging him" and interfering with his work. It was a good lesson, even though I'm semi-retiring in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom