I lack the proper mind-set for ER!! HELP!!

Rob,
Had a brainwave and thought I would share it with you:
I know you contracted for 2005-2006 school year, but you _might_ consider going to the principal and saying, "I'm totally prepared to work through 2006, but if by any chance you have another teacher or want to try to find one in the interim, I'd be ok leaving at the end of the year too, your call." That could move up the date by a year, which feels like it could be a win-win: the right thing for you and maybe for the school, too.

One of my sisters retired last yr at the age of 55 from the teaching profession. She never even thought about retiring until age 54 and then one year later....poof...out the door she went. Best decision she ever made. (according to her)
I remember her telling me "I'll know when I'm ready to go". Well she certainly did. She made the decision quite quickly (another sister worried about that) but I just knew that she knew what she was doing.
She always was fun to be around...but now she's even MORE fun.
A few years ago I probably would have told you to wait another year (for the money) but life is too short. Go while the going is good. You'll always be able to find something else to do if you wish. If not....enjoy the ride my friend!!

Back
Top Bottom