I Smell Cheap(er) Gas

JPatrick

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm thinking gas at under $2 by the end of Feburary. :eek:
Make that gas in Texas, but if Texas cracks $2 many others will have already been there done that.
Any Bets?

I I were to guess, I would say that the probability of $3 gas is higher than the probability of $2 gas.

But who knows

JPatrick said:
I'm thinking gas at under $2 by the end of Feburary. :eek: Any Bets?
No, but I'll send you some gas cans with return postage prepaid!

Nords said:
No, but I'll send you some gas cans with return postage prepaid!

You know how they usually make you fill up your rental car before you return it
or they charge you like a bazillion dollars a gallon if they have to gas it? Well,
I rented a car from Hertz last week, and they had an option where if you bought a tank of gas when you got the car, you were absolved of having to return it filled. I took that
deal and paid $1.98 for the gas.

JG

JPatrick said:
I'm thinking gas at under $2 by the end of Feburary. :eek:
Make that gas in Texas, but if Texas cracks $2 many others will have already been there done that.
Any Bets?

OK kiddies, I'm about to declare victory :D
I've got reports today (2-11-2006) of sub-$2.00 gas in the valley area of Texas, not to mention, New Joisey, Iowa, Missouri, and  no doubt more will be pouring in.
Enjoy!!

Prices when we left for FL two weeks ago were $2.25 here in MA

Georgia it was $2.17 for El Cheapo

Florida ranged from $2.25 to $2.39

NY two days ago was $2.52 (ouch)

Yesterday I paid $2.29 back here in MA

2.35 to 2.65 for gas here.

For some reason, "shell" and "76" gas stations have their gas 20-30c higher than anybody else.

I think its because they offer a 5% discount on gas if you use their credit card.

Now, at these prices, 5% is only ~10-15c. And I can get 5% anywhere using my citi dividend card.

Are people really THAT stupid?

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
2.35 to 2.65 for gas here.

For some reason, "shell" and "76" gas stations have their gas 20-30c higher than anybody else.

I think its because they offer a 5% discount on gas if you use their credit card.

Now, at these prices, 5% is only ~10-15c.  And I can get 5% anywhere using my citi dividend card.

Are people really THAT stupid?

Oh, absolutely.

JG

Outtahere said:
Prices when we left for FL two weeks ago were $2.25 here in MA

Georgia it was $2.17 for El Cheapo

Florida ranged from $2.25 to $2.39

NY two days ago was $2.52 (ouch)

Yesterday I paid $2.29 back here in MA

Just down the road from where I am sitting, Walmart is asking 2.16, less .03 if you use their card. Have not seen
anything cheaper here lately.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
You know how they usually make you fill up your rental car before you return it
or they charge you like a bazillion dollars a gallon if they have to gas it?  Well,
I rented a car from Hertz last week, and they had an option where if you bought a tank of gas when you got the car, you were absolved of having to return it filled.   I took that
deal and paid $1.98 for the gas.

JG

Unless you siphoned the tank before you returned it (which I can picture you doing), or ran the tank near empty, they probably got the best of you in that deal.

We're at $2.36 currently here in the midwest. DH filled up at the Shell station yesterday so I asked him if they were higher than Citgo or BP.
He stated that BP and Shell were $2.36 while Citgo was still at $2.39.

riskaverse said:
Unless you siphoned the tank before you returned it (which I can picture you doing), or ran the tank near empty, they probably got the best of you in that deal.

Riskaverse: A lot like shooting fish in a barrel, isn't it.?
Careful, it can be habit forming. :D :D

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
I can quit any time I want to. ;)

Kick a Heroin Habit, or quit smoking, maybe. ;)

Those are comparatively easy. :D

It's $2.17 at my local Murphy Oil (Walmart) station. Of course it's $2.39 at "Uncle Bill's Minimart" 1/4 mile away (I'm pretty sure uncle Bill is running a drug front). Back to the $20 tank o gas (honda civic!).

MRGALT2U said:
Just down the road from where I am sitting, Walmart is asking 2.16, less .03 if you use their card.  Have not seen
anything cheaper here lately.

JG

Coming home through Oklahoma and Missouri, I paid 1.94 - 1.95
routinely. Back home we are still stuck around 2.19.

JG

First time I've seen anyone write a reply to their own post where neither had any useful information...

MRGALT2U said:
Coming home through Oklahoma and Missouri, I paid 1.94 - 1.95
routinely.  Back home we are still stuck around 2.19.

JG
I think there will be a few more enjoying the scent of sub $2 gas before Feb expires, but after that all bets are off.  Gas had forgotten to fall with oil and probably has a little to give before the rubber band starts the other direction.   :-\

LakeRat said:
You don't read your own posts much, do you?

At least my bullshit varies, isnt usually tooting my own horn, and I usually make an effort to answer questions correctly, with backup data.

Back
Top Bottom