I wanna be inducted!

honobob

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anybody else here cooking with induction? I just bought this unit from Costco for $69.99 and am amazed by its performance. I was mainly looking for an alternative to electric in my Honolulu condo because I can not cook with electric and gas is not available. I go from too cold, only warm, to omigod hot hot hot! I even try the "keep on high heat and move the pan" to control temperature but it's no good. I had high hopes with the halogen units except for the blinding light when cooking in a romantic setting.

This unit heats water and large pots of chili or soup way quicker than I can on my gas stove. The stove top stays cool to the touch and all the heat stays in the pan which is a plus if you're air conditioning. The only weird thing to get used to is not having a knob to control temperature.

I'm thinking I'll install a two burner unit and with my micro/convection and a plain microwave be able to get rid of the range/oven.

Are there any downsides to induction units replacing electric stoves?

Buying a Max+Burton 6000

Can't wait to pop corn later tonite!!

We don't have one. A friend of mine has a four cooker range, hard to say burner. When we were at his house we got a demonstration. Fantastic technology! When we built our house three years ago we looked to put one in. You could not purchase one in the states! I understand they are big in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom