If Coffee Commercials Were Honest

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just thought it was funny, I drink 1-2 cups/day...

:LOL:, as I sit here drinking my morning cup, with hazelnut creamer!

Double offender here, as I was eating a few squares of dark chocolate with my morning (black) coffee while watching this :LOL:

I'm not a coffee drinker but liked those old Taster's Choice commercials.

Funny video, although I thought the emphasis on "psychoactive drug" was a bit disingenuous. Even though caffeine is technically psychoactive—since the brain is stimulated along with the rest of the central nervous system—it's nothing like the mind-bending psychoactivity of LSD or ecstasy or heroin or marijuana, etc. I did love the sarcastic skewering of the astronomical overpricing of fancy (pretentious?) espresso drinks that many people seem to have no problem with. $8 for a venti double shot caramel macchiato?? :LOL:

Stupid takedown. Does this guy think that the people living in coffee growing areas would be better off if no one wanted the coffee? These are not exactly prized vegetable growing places.

I know a little about World Bicycle Relief (WBR) started and supported by FK and Leah Day of the SRAM bike part company. Having seen bikes in Africa loaded with stuff, WBR developed cargo bikes (say like trucks vs cars) for making it easier and more profitable to move goods. If the program is the same as the last time I looked at it, they were doing things right by not just sending bikes over but developing bike design for their use and providing spare parts and training to keep them working. Here is a Ted Talk

WBR have developed a program with a like thinking coffee maker Equator for a fundraiser. Now you can buy WBR coffee. https://www.equatorcoffees.com/search?&q=world

This made me get up and make a second pot of coffee today, thanks Roger!

The "host" of the clip has an entire series that basically tries to ruin anything that is pleasurable or common in life. Some examples on the channel "If advertisers were truthful about...

-Themeparks
-Juice Cleanse
-Tampons
-Professional Football
-Music Festivals
-Mobile Games
-Smart Watches

Well, you get the idea. There are 45 of these videos.

That is funny. Just this morning my Mr. Coffee maker crapped out on me. I'm thinking.....WTH am I'm I going to do? Managed to get by, but headed to Walmart a little later for a replacement. Got a Keurig K-Compact model. Just finished my first cup. A Cappuccino mix with Hazelnut. Not bad, but will probably stick with regular coffee early in the morning to get my engine started.;)

This made me get up and make a second pot of coffee today, thanks Roger!

The "host" of the clip has an entire series that basically tries to ruin anything that is pleasurable or common in life. Some examples on the channel "If advertisers were truthful about...

-Themeparks
-Juice Cleanse
-Tampons
-Professional Football
-Music Festivals
-Mobile Games
-Smart Watches

Well, you get the idea. There are 45 of these videos.
I watched the honest about videos for cars (funny but predictable) and weddings (a little too off color to post IMO).

The coffee one just struck me as funny even if it's not entire true (a few above couldn't see it as a parody). Starbucks sure made many more Americans believe coffee is way more exotic than it used to be...

Last edited:
According to SNL, Puppy Uppers are followed by Doggie Downers.

According to SNL, Puppy Uppers are followed by Doggie Downers.
In coffee land that's a hippie speedball.

Great video. Perhaps more true than most of us are comfortable admitting. I know what happens when I don't get my caffeine.

Stupid takedown. Does this guy think that the people living in coffee growing areas would be better off if no one wanted the coffee? These are not exactly prized vegetable growing places.

Yes. If the coffee farmers could make more money growing something else they would have done it already. Our caffeine addiction is their livelihood.

But the video is still funny.

I never heard of Cracked, but here's another video, this one on junk snack food.

I'm a tea guy. Daily habit, but unlike when I was a regular coffee drinker, I get no headache if I skip it.

Ex-addict here. I was pretty bad; couldn't function without a caffeine fix, and had the jitters. Not pretty. And that was back in the days before fancy flavors. There was just coffee, and sometimes decaf. Drank the sludge they made in truck stops and on construction sites. It was sort of a badge of honor to drink nasty coffee.

I ended up going cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but now I have absolutely no interest in a caffeine fix.

I think I've earned the right to laugh at all the addicts who get so picky about which fancy brands and flavors they just HAVE to have. It's gotten to the point where I don't offer a cup of coffee to visitors, or I'd have to stock 20 different brands and 20 different flavors of each.

People, it's just a drug! Drink your fix and get over it.

I used to drink a lot of coffee, but as I got older I realized it was a prime driver of heartburn. I switched to decaffeinated tea and just have a little dark chocolate in the AM to wake me up.

Megacorp culture got me hooked.

When I got my first job, I didn't drink coffee and so got by-passed when the troops where heading for the break room. So rather than work through the breaks or take a solo break, I started coffee. And megacorps make it free because they figure an alert person is a productive person.

But like I said earlier, I went cold turkey. Still have a cup of tea in the AM, with or without caffeine... doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom