I'm Stunned! :)

I'll have to ask the young wife whether we agree or not.

I'm going to ask the wife if it's ok for me to have an opinion I can post on an online forum with total strangers...........;)

I wonder where they got the sample of folks for that study. 22% asian? According to the Census, 4.3% of the US population is asian, and only 1% of Iowans are asian.

I wonder where they got the sample of folks for that study. 22% asian? According to the Census, 4.3% of the US population is asian, and only 1% of Iowans are asian.
Hawaii, which has the largest percentage of Asians in the United States, including Native Hawaiians. The survey was only run out of Iowa.

I suspect that study that showed that men and women talk equally forgot to eliminate "Yes dear..." from the mens side of the equation. ;)

Ah. SWMBO. She Who Must Be Obeyed
She by H Ryder Haggard
"Ayesha, who has made herself immortal by bathing in a pillar of fire, the source of life itself. She becomes the prototypical all-powerful female figure. She is to be both desired and feared. She is a breathtakingly beautiful creature who will not hesitate to kill any one who displeases her or stands in her way".

Hawaii, which has the largest percentage of Asians in the United States, including Native Hawaiians. The survey was only run out of Iowa.

I guess you're kidding. "The researchers solicited participation from married couples in and around the Iowa State campus." I'm thinking they got a very biased cross-section of American society and the Yahoo news article seems to draw broad conclusions from the ISU research paper.

The married folks in and around the college campus are most likely well-educated, progressive folks. The women (and men!) have been exposed to feminist thought. The women probably have similar earnings potential as the men in the relationship. It isn't hard to imagine women having a significant say in how things are run when they have equal bargaining power in the relationship.

My guess is the researchers would come to a very different conclusion of marital relationships if they were to interview more working class married couples of a more representative racial/socioeconomic mix than what they presumably studied.

I get to decide where to put our money, where to get the car fixed, sometimes what TV to watch, what workmen to hire, who the next President should be.

She gets to decide where we live, where we eat out, what we eat at home. how we decorate, where we go on vacation, how we both dress.

These are tougher decision. She needs to discuss them more.

I guess you're kidding. "The researchers solicited participation from married couples in and around the Iowa State campus." I'm thinking they got a very biased cross-section of American society and the Yahoo news article seems to draw broad conclusions from the ISU research paper.

The married folks in and around the college campus are most likely well-educated, progressive folks. The women (and men!) have been exposed to feminist thought. The women probably have similar earnings potential as the men in the relationship. It isn't hard to imagine women having a significant say in how things are run when they have equal bargaining power in the relationship.

My guess is the researchers would come to a very different conclusion of marital relationships if they were to interview more working class married couples of a more representative racial/socioeconomic mix than what they presumably studied.
I didn't see that in the Yahoo article. I still don't see it but that doesn't mean anything.

Now that DH is retired I give him more 'territory' in the house. If he starts yapping about his standards on weed pulling I give him every opportunity to claim that task. >:D

Last week something came up and he huffed about a position I took, said something to the effect of my having an agenda. My response: "Absolutely!!" No shame here. If he didn't have a better argument than claiming that I had an 'agenda', case closed.

Hmmm - well the way things are now:

I either do it the dogs way or he poops on the floor to express his displeasure.

I miss the women.

heh heh heh - :(

Back
Top Bottom