Inexpensive clothing for the FIRE's

Yeah the clothing budget goes way down in retirement...

Before Retirement:
andrewfezzadeluxetwobuttontuxedo1.jpg

After Retirement:

slob1.jpg

My average clothing expenditures in the three years since retirement are under $190/year (under $16/month).

I haven't bought anything at a thrift store or used. I haven't even tried to be frugal. So, I really don't see the point. Honestly, I can afford that much.

It's not like when I was working, and would have to run out and buy formal business type clothing with no time to shop around for it, or clothing for other climates when told unexpectedly that I had to travel to a meeting in snow country. That was a PITA.

I'm going to have to wait for their new category of "t-shirts, shorts, & rubbah slippahs"...

I'm going to have to wait for their new category of "t-shirts, shorts, & rubbah slippahs"...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Right!!!

Sounds like exactly what I wear most days, except instead of rubbah slippahs I either go barefoot (indoors), or wear expensive $145/pair New Balance running shoes outside and at the gym.

That $190/year average for clothing expenditures over three years that I mentioned, included a pair of those running shoes. Otherwise, it would have been $142/year or under $12/month.

No Trombone Al posts here? He should be our FIRE thrift store fashon consultant, some great finds in the past.

I still remember T-Al's long thread about the zipper cover for his thrift store pants not lining up right and soliciting for suggestions to fix it. Now that was funny!

The only question remaining is where will we get the men that are willing to dress like that. :LOL::LOL:

It's actually kind of funny cause all through the years this kind of 'fashion' has been pushed to women to encourage new purchases of clothing each year. Retirement is sure nice as I don't give a hoot about this silliness any more.

For those that chose not to click on the link, here's a preview...

abeafefb1775bcdec36d9c59ed895122e2144c4affe45ba61383be4bcfde6a5a.jpg

I had to look...and so do you. I refuse to be the only one to go blind. :dead:

Last edited:
Why do some men wear dresses?

Perhaps it's to get even with women who wear men's clothes.

images

Back
Top Bottom