Inflation

Okay, while still anecdotal in nature, and keeping in mind that my drink of choice is diet cola, 3 years ago, I got upset with costco because they raised their 36-12oz case from $10.59 to $10.99. A few months back there were a series of increases that ended up at $13.49. Just a couple of weeks ago, it went to $14.79. I don't know what the percentages are, but it's a bunch. YMMV

My local Kroger affiliate almost always beats Costco on soda prices.

My local Kroger affiliate almost always beats Costco on soda prices.

The supermarket where I buy my zero sugar drinks has raised the base prices, but they still have sale prices that have not change. For example, the non-sale price of a six bottle pack of Coke Zero has gone up from $4.39 to $5, but about once every 4-5 weeks it goes on sale 5 for $11, the as they have been doing for several years.

We actually have always tried to get sodas on sale at Safeway, Times, Foodland or Longs (CVS). Sooner or later, one of them has a sale that is better than Costco at its best. BUT, when there is a "draught" of store sales, our back up was always Costco. We always knew what it would cost (stable prices for 7 or 8 years before the recent series of increases.) Now, we just uber-stock up whenever a store has a sale. We don't really have much storage space, but we do what we have to do. I've thought about quitting, but I guess an addiction to Diet Pepsi beats cigarettes, booze or drugs though YMMV.:facepalm:

^^^ My 550 shares of Pepsi stock agrees with you.

Heh, heh, no idea how much Pepsi stock resides in my various MFs but I do feel better thinking about it when I buy DP. Sort of like how I feel now, knowing I have lots of O&G stocks somewhere (like Prego - "It's in there") within my MFs. Very comforting when gas is $4.50/gal. Of course, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom