Inverting Screen Colors

target2019

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
On a whim, I decided to look into inverting my Windows 7 screen. I came across this article, and it mentions three ways to do this. I am using the first method, where you access Magnifier and use its capabilities. So I set the magnifier to 100% (actual size), and picked the option to invert colors (turn on color inversion). After you change the option, pin the open program to your taskbar. This makes it very easy to switch back and forth.

This worked pretty well. One reason to do this is to increase contrast and make text easier to read. For some it does not work, I'm sure. I will probably go back and forth from inverted to normal several times a day.

It also cuts down on the amount of screen glare as far as I can tell. If you wear glasses, this might help a bit.

I went exploring in this direction as I was expecting a skype call, and if it went to video I wanted to cut back on the really annoying glare-in-the-eyeglasses thing...

One annoyance, though, is that you end up with a magnifier widget in the middle of your screen. I'm ok with that for now.

Back
Top Bottom