It Ain’t Stupid If It Works

O2Bfree

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
One of the guilty pleasures I picked up during the lockdown is visiting the Bored Panda website. Sometimes the posts they pull together from various sources are pretty funny and even educational. Today there's a topic, "177 Surprising Cases Of “It Ain’t Stupid If It Works”". (I especially liked this topic because they didn't use the word "hacks" in the title, though it is in the link.)

Here are a couple of my favorites:

#165 Never Leave Your Gym Lock At The Gym Again By Using It As A Carabiner To Hold Your Bag Together. If You Try And Walk Off Without It, The Unhooked Strap Will Alert You To Its Absence

#169 I Got Tired Of Small Pill Organizers So I Converted A Cheap Fishing Tackle Box Into A Mega Pill Box

https://www.boredpanda.com/clever-l...oogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Here's one of mine: Hang a couple small binder clips from cup hooks on the inside of a cabinet door to hold Ziplock bags you want to reuse. Keeps them from getting all jumbled up and lets you leaf through them if you want to find one of a particular quality.

Maybe you have one to add?

Attachments

• zip_bags.jpg
    zip_bags.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 43
Maybe you have one to add?
Not at the moment, but I did the clip on the inside of the cabinet door thing myself a few years back. Not driven by any life hacker site, just driven by my own need to keep the "lightly used" zip lock bags out of the landfill.

Not at the moment, but I did the clip on the inside of the cabinet door thing myself a few years back. Not driven by any life hacker site, just driven by my own need to keep the "lightly used" zip lock bags out of the landfill.

That was my motivation as well. I'm surprised that idea didn't show up in the list.

These are great! I do a few of them already, for hobby storage, but most are new to me. Thanks!

I see it's been reduced to 50 things, based on user votes.

This one isn't for everyone but I made a heavy duty wire for hanging things on the front of a shelving unit. I used to hang a ladder, laundry cart, and saw horse from it (there's another rope above it). I had to make iron angle braces to reinforce the sides of the shelf so it wouldn't bend from the tension of the rope which I tightened with a turnbuckle. I had to find certain grade 5 bolts for the top wire which sticks out more, because Home Depot's bolts bent. I made another leg for the shelf out of a 2x3 (you can see a bit of the top of the leg on the left side of the photo) because it was so front heavy (and NY had an earthquake around that time).I don't need it this strong any more but it worked.

Attachments

• shelf-wire.jpg
    shelf-wire.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom