Making Food for bereaved

Filetmerlot

Dryer sheet wannabe
The father of a guy on my team at w*rk passed away over the weekend. I offered to make some meals for his family. In the past when I have cooked for families it has always been some kind of dinner food, but I was wondering if people ever do breakfast food for families in this situation? Along with the usual lasagna or chili I was thinking of making a giant batch of pancakes that I will freeze and bring those also with a bottle of maple syrup so they pop them in the microwave and have breakfast for a couple of days as well. Has anyone else done that, or is offering to make breakfast weird.

I have only made dinner. Breakfast is easy enough for someone to do.

I like to make a couple of batches of muffins. They are easy to freeze and heat up. They can be used for snacking too.

I don't think it's weird at all. Breakfast food is good anytime of the day. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. :)

I think that's a lovely idea. I have taken a cheesy egg breakfast casserole to a family whose mom had surgery, and it was one less breakfast the poor dad had to get organized.

My mother did a lovely breakfast for my fiances family when his grandma died. It was a good contrast to the 2 pickup truck loads of fried chicken. A breakfast casserole, a crockpot of oatmeal with all the toppings on a cold day, would be really lovely. And nicely cut fresh fruit to contrast with all the cakes and pies that appear.

+1 on the egg casserole. We’ve done that. Sometimes well meaning friends all bring the same items.

DW has made an egg casserole with layers of toasted gluten free bread, cooked bacon and/or ground sausage, cheese, onions, and sweet peppers. Pour in some scrambled egg liquid to cover and some will get absorbed by the toast. Layer of chees on top. Bake in oven until firm and cheese is browned .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom