Male Smarts: Let's Hear From the Ladies...

bbbamI

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Amethyst....I thought I would copy from your fantastic original thread and see what the ladies think.....

Let's assume that traits women usually like in men are equally present (looks, kind personality, no criminal record, etc.)-- which do you prefer:

A man of average smarts, or...

A very smart man?

Just wondering about the FIRE-inclined ladies...

Amethyst....I thought I would copy from your fantastic original thread and see what the ladies think.....

Let's assume that traits women usually like in men are equally present (looks, kind personality, no criminal record, etc.)-- which do you prefer:

A man of average smarts, or...

A very smart man?

Just wondering about the FIRE-inclined ladies...

Only the seriously smart need apply.

:rolleyes:

I prefer above-average intelligence, and DH fits the bill for sure! He has a lot of other fine traits as well.:cool:

In my errant youth, I cared not a whit how intelligent as man was long as he was a lot of fun, could dance really well and didn't get sloppy drunk. Of course, I had no designs on marriage with them either. :whistle:
I have never believed the old adage that opposites attract, at least not in the long term. When I did decide to settle down it was going to be with a man that has the same morals I do, the same goals for life and someone that I could talk to for hours on end. He challenges my ideas and I his, we keep each other hopping, mentally and physically. He thinks I am smarter than he is and I think he is smarter than I. A match made in heaven...:rolleyes:
2fer
So my answer is....a man that is equally smart. (In my opinion... since that is the only one that matters in this instance)

Wahoo, I prefer very smart men who aren't afraid to be silly, since I have a truly oddball sense of humor. Being too serious about oneself cancels out being seriously smart.

DH is a smart guy, but his most appealing traits are his kind heart and sense of humor. He has a way of bringing out the best in people and making them feel good about themselves. When he finally retires later this year, those who report to him at work will miss him very much.

I suppose I would go with a very smart man as a mate. In regards to other relationships, the intelligence doesn't matter.

I consider myself of average intelligence. I've been fairly successful in my life, but it takes me longer to reach my goals than it would for a very smart person.

My DH is an extremely intelligent man and I think this fact makes me feel protected. My common sense and his type of intellect go together pretty well. Most of my friends and acquaintances are very intelligent, but I have noticed a common factor among them; when they encounter a problem, to them there is only one way to "fix" it, and that would be their way. I believe some of them have blinders on when it comes to solving a problem; they lack the ability to understand the impact their decisions have on others.

To me, a perfect man would be intelligent and able to get his point across without patronizing.

I find intellect and wit to be extremely attractive. It can override looks (though not override being a jerk).

You already know I'm a rocket scientist, so intelligence is definitely a big factor for me. That trait in a man is not to be confused with advanced degrees. These do not matter to me, nor do lofty titles and professional laurels.
I have been told by many men in my life (friends and romantic partners alike) that I "think too much". :LOL: Higher level thought is not something I do on purpose, it is who I am. So my mate has to be very similar.
It doesn't have to be techno-geek thinking, but men who do not like to explore the possibilities of things would bore me very quickly.
Been there, done that. ;)
My absolute preference? Gimme a techno-geek anyday! :cool:

Freebird wrote, That trait in a man is not to be confused with advanced degrees. These do not matter to me, nor do lofty titles and professional laurels.

Hear, hear! Additionally, I could not care less where someone went to school.

My really smart person can articulate fine distinctions resulting from critical thinking--about life, love, marriage, finances, sex, art, literature, music, theater, cinema, gardening, fitness, politics, or what kind and size of screwdriver to use--and can also explain why these distinctions matter.

I'm happy enough to be a boy toy.

Seems most of you gals want the smart guy but i remember in High school when i was the whizz in science and math class all the girls would go for the dumb football players everytime,not saying all the sports guys are dumb but the ones in my particular school were.;)

Seems most of you gals want the smart guy but i remember in High school when i was the whizz in science and math class all the girls would go for the dumb football players everytime,not saying all the sports guys are dumb but the ones in my particular school were.;)
Yeah, but we're older and wiser now.....:cool:

Ditto, except I was the girl counterpart of the science/math whiz kid.
All the jock guys went for the girly cheerleader types. The boys only talked to me only when they wanted to copy my homework.
The smart boys viewed me as a threat. :rolleyes:
But I managed a little boy-girl fun in spite of all that stereotyping. :cool:

Ditto, except I was the girl counterpart of the science/math whiz kid.
All the jock guys went for the girly cheerleader types. The boys only talked to me only when they wanted to copy my homework.

:LOL:

But I managed a little boy-girl fun in spite of all that stereotyping. :cool:

Something like, "Fine, I'll let ya copy my homework, but it will cost you a date"...........;)

I was one of those "band jocks". It gave me access to the cheerleader types but also the cute smarter quieter shyer girls in band. It was one of the smartest things I ever did..........:)

Well, if you haven't gotten older since high school......
gimme the recipe! :LOL:
well...there are 2 "old" definitions.
1 is a typo on my driver's license. I can't do much about the typo.

the other 1 is a state of mind.
My state of mind is about 19 yo, last time I checked. :LOL:

Super smart tends to mean no common sense so I vote for the just smart enough to be capable of critical thinking but aware enough that there is more to life than staying indoors all day working.

If he doesn't read for pleasure, he isn't going to be able to handle someone like me.

I was one of those "band jocks". It gave me access to the cheerleader types but also the cute smarter quieter shyer girls in band. It was one of the smartest things I ever did..........:)

In HS I took a class in typing for only two reasons:

1. I knew they couldn't make me buy a typewriter, and therefore could not assign homework for that class.

2. I was one of two guys in a classroom full of girls. Talk about a target-rich environment!;)

It also turned out to be one of the most practical/useful classes I took in HS.

Back
Top Bottom