March Madness 2021

GravitySucks

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Best sporting time of the year is here.
The women's conference tournaments start this week.
I'm an ACC fan and am thinking we will see Louisville vs. NC State in the conference finals. Some great players on both teams. Or maybe my Orangewomen will put together a great streak.
Who else will be glued to the couch till April?

Love March Madness. My favorite sporting event as well.
Really missed it last year.

#3 Texas A&M made a strong statement beating #5 South Carolina yesterday. Aggies are 10-0 against ranked opponents, best in the country.

I'm an ACC fan and am thinking we will see Louisville vs. NC State in the conference finals. Some great players on both teams. Or maybe my Orangewomen will put together a great streak.

Good to find others that appreciate WBB. It’s a bit under appreciated but gaining acceptance. We follow MD Terps and follow ACC as well as Big Ten in particular. I think our conference tourney is next week so we might be rusty by then. If they allowed fans I would go to the conference Tournament. I like the idea of holding the NCAA Tourney all in one location. have

ACC women's has seating available. Tickets are only $5.
Greensboro is a schlep from Syracuse and, no offense but, not a great tourist town.
I'll be watching from my couch.

MEEEECHIGAN!!!

Would love to see Juwan get the title after the Fab Five never closed the deal.

Thanks for starting this thread. I am a fan of UNC Tar Heel Basketball --men and women. The Tar Heel women play Wake Forest on Thursday in the ACC Tourney, they have a lot of Freshmen and started out slow but have been coming on strong and beat Virginia Tech yesterday and NC State earlier. I normally go to the ACC Tournament when it is in Greensboro but I will be skipping it this year due to Covid.

By the way, the UNC men play Syracuse tonight 7 pm on ESPN, should be a good game.

On my travels I will be passing by Greenville right when SEC tournament starts. Might have to look in.

UNC at the Carrier Dome.
Last year was an over 30,000 fan event.
So sad to see it empty.

ACC women's has seating available. Tickets are only $5.
Greensboro is a schlep from Syracuse and, no offense but, not a great tourist town.
I'll be watching from my couch.

We went to Greensboro once. It was the last year MD played in the ACC. It was a blast. We lucked up and stayed at our team’s hotel. There was an ice storm and I guess I had the only ice scraper in G’boro; got stranded scraping dozens of cars. The power went out all over town most of the weekend except at the coliseum. Good Times.

UNC at the Carrier Dome.
Last year was an over 30,000 fan event.
So sad to see it empty.

Good win for Syracuse. Syracuse played good defense and UNC could not hit the 3s. Coach Boeheim's son is a really good player.

We went to Greensboro once. It was the last year MD played in the ACC. It was a blast. We lucked up and stayed at our team’s hotel. There was an ice storm and I guess I had the only ice scraper in G’boro; got stranded scraping dozens of cars. The power went out all over town most of the weekend except at the coliseum. Good Times.

Yes, while Greensboro is not a very touristy area, it is a nice city and does a really good job with the ACC tournament. I was also going to brag on the weather in Greensboro (it was 60 there today) but sounds like you were there during the rare ice storm.

I haven't watched a single game this season. I will watch most of the tournament though. I kept expecting a lot of games to be cancelled so didn't bother watching. Some were cancelled but not that many.

Orangewomen drew Boston College for today. And I don't have it on my tv streams. Not hitting the bars this close to vaccine time. Radio game for me.
I think SU will win today, but I'm thinking Louisville will win the tourney by an eyelash. DanaWarmup_1920x1080.jpeg

Orangewomen played without their star Point Gaurd and with 4 bench players left home due to team rule violations. Eeked out the win even with the terrible officiating.
Hope Tianna plays today. The kid has been through enough.
Best game of the day was the Clemson / Notre Dame fight. Irish probably would have won if it wasnt for the poor sportsmanship technical.

I have been a college basketball fan my whole life, I always look forward to March Madness and reserve extra time to watch the games. But after Raycom sports went away (and another network whose name escapes me) I have had no ability to watch ACC basketball regular season games. I cannot follow the teams I like or dislike anymore as I do not subscribe to any sports package. I have not watched a single basketball game all year. And very little the year before.

While I don't think the college games are personality driven, it is not the same to blindly watch some team where you do not know any of the players, coaches, playing styles, etc. It comes as a shock to me, but I have no plans to ever watch another basketball game on TV. I do no care to watch conference regular season games which are located in a far away location. ESPN and the ACC network can carry on without me.

Looking forward to the ACC tournament which starts today, it is a pretty wide open field. I hope my Tar Heels can make a run. The Tar Heels have been very inconsistent this year --sometimes they play like a Final Four team and then the next game they play so bad they would have trouble beating a high school team. I hope the "good" Tar Heels show up for March Madness!

I watch the ACCNetwork and ESPN on YouTube TV. YouTube TV is a very good streaming service, I especially like the DVR capabilities. Total cost is $70 per month, well worth it to me.

Looking forward to the ACC tournament which starts today, it is a pretty wide open field. I hope my Tar Heels can make a run. The Tar Heels have been very inconsistent this year --sometimes they play like a Final Four team and then the next game they play so bad they would have trouble beating a high school team. I hope the "good" Tar Heels show up for March Madness!

I watch the ACCNetwork and ESPN on YouTube TV. YouTube TV is a very good streaming service, I especially like the DVR capabilities. Total cost is $70 per month, well worth it to me.
Good luck to your 'heels.....NOT :D

I was surprised to hear the Blue Devil's regular season record, that must be a low point over the past several decades. Hopefully it will be an exciting tournament for everyone.

Speaking of women's basketball....my school Miss State made the final 4 two times within the last 5 years. But then the HC left for Univ of Tx and this year State has fallen off the map barely finishing 500 for the year. Oh well....it was good while it lasted.

Good luck to your 'heels.....NOT :D

I was surprised to hear the Blue Devil's regular season record, that must be a low point over the past several decades. Hopefully it will be an exciting tournament for everyone.

Yes Duke has had a rare off year and will likely not make the NCAA Tournament (unless they win the ACC Tournament which is a very long shot). UNC beat Duke both times they played this year which does not happen that often. My Tar Heels play Notre Dame tonight in the ACC Tournament. Go Heels!:dance:

Syracuse looked good today.
Lunardi still has them out of the tourney though. I'm hoping the Selection Committee has more sense than Joe or the long shot and SU beats the Cavaliers tomorrow. That is usually a great defensive game. Boeheim's 2-3 zone vs. Bennett's Pack Line.

My Tar Heels played their best game of the season so far and beat Notre Dame 101-55. It appears that things are starting to click for the UNC Freshmen and just in time. UNC plays Virginia Tech tomorrow night. Va Tech had Covid issues and had 7 games cancelled, they have only played twice in the past 30 days. UNC did not get to play them during the regular season so it will be an interesting game tomorrow night.

Oh, yeah! Been watching my favorite teams play this year. Not a fan of any ACC teams, but I love U Conn, Iowa, Indiana and Oregon. I was heartbroken last year without March Madness. So glad to get women's basketball back! As a woman who used to play in the late 70s and early 80s, it's awesome to see how far we've come in sports. Looking forward to the WNBA season too, of course!

A player on the Duke team tested positive for Covid today so Duke had to withdraw from the ACC Tournament. I am concerned that the whole tournament might have to be shut down and just when my Tar Heels are starting to play well.

Oh, yeah! Been watching my favorite teams play this year. Not a fan of any ACC teams, but I love U Conn, Iowa, Indiana and Oregon. I was heartbroken last year without March Madness. So glad to get women's basketball back! As a woman who used to play in the late 70s and early 80s, it's awesome to see how far we've come in sports. Looking forward to the WNBA season too, of course!

I also played womens basketball in the 60s and 70s. In the 60s we had all these dumb rules --only 3 dribbles, only the rover could cross the center line, etc. I love watching womens basketball now, such a different game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom