March Madness

Duke was very lucky to get a 1 point win over UCF.

Very lucky. The illegal hook and hold by number 12 to allow Duke to get the defensive rebound after the free throw at around 1:30 left that resulted to Duke taking the lead helped as well.

That was a close one. (Duke UCF) Taco is one big fella!
Buffalo losing messes one bracket all up.

Here we go, Sweet 16 games! Only one Cinderella left, and it's tough to call a major conference team that, but Oregon is a 12 seed. Otherwise it's 14 teams who won as expected by their seeding, and a 5 seed (Auburn) in a trivial upset over a 4 seed.

Wow, #3 seed Purdue beats #2 seed Tenn 99-94. Purdue plays great in OT. Both teams missed a lot of free throws.

They were showing a guy in the stands at the Gonzaga game who had picked every game right in the first two rounds. Apparently had never been done before in this format. (It had been done once when you got to choose your picks at the start of each round, which maybe gives you a little advantage that you know the matchups and have seen teams play in the tourney after the first round). 48 games right.

Unfortunately he had Tennessee, so his streak ended at 49.

Great games tonight, although a little too close for comfort.

I have to brag a bit - my ESPN bracket is #570 out of ??millions. It was really sweet to have DS (who runs several fantasy leagues and brackets) text me back "That's insane!" :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

What a crappy night. NC goes down and Duke wins a nail biter? Doesn't get much worse than that for me.

I'm done with my bracket. Only had UVA in the final 4 and had them losing. Really good games this weekend. The Elite 8 games often seem to be the best.

I have 2 in the final four office pool. Auburn and Texas Tech. Fingers crossed.

UVA! Auburn fans booing the foul but that was an easy call, you jump into a guy and don't leave him room to come down, it's a foul. They did miss the double dribble the play before the foul though. UVA was lucky. And they were way too slow getting their offense going against a very tough Auburn defense, had to throw up a lot of shots as the shot clock wound down.

UVA is within an hour for me but it's not where I'm from nor where I went so I'm not a huge fan, but it's fun to see a local team do well. It happens I have an eye dr appt Monday in town and it'll be neat to see/hear the buzz around town.

The woman's game last night was one of the best basketball games I've ever seen.
Was rooting for ND but Baylor women out lasted them.

I really liked the women's game last night too, lots of action. I was rooting for ND but I really like how Baylor plays an old fashioned inside game and does not rely so much on the 3 point. Baylor had some really big players inside, one is 6 foot seven and must weigh about 250. I hate that the other big player for Baylor got hurt, hope it is not a torn ACL.

I don't think the men's game tonight will be nearly as exciting as the women's. UVA and Tex Tech will play a slow down game. I bet the winner will only score 60 points.

I really liked the women's game last night too, lots of action. I was rooting for ND but I really like how Baylor plays an old fashioned inside game and does not rely so much on the 3 point. Baylor had some really big players inside, one is 6 foot seven and must weigh about 250. I hate that the other big player for Baylor got hurt, hope it is not a torn ACL.

I don't think the men's game tonight will be nearly as exciting as the women's. UVA and Tex Tech will play a slow down game. I bet the winner will only score 60 points.
The women's game is more relatable to me, personally.

I entered two different portfolios (?). In one I did pick Texas Tech and Virginia to make the finals. I can't recall which team I picked to win. Anyhow, one portfolio (?) is at 78%, the other at 86%. I don't follow college basketball. It was kind of sweet to have my daughter text me "You're insane." I interpet this as a term of [-]infection[/-] affection.
note: if confused please see post #33.

So I got a call this morning.
I won the bracket pool.
Didn't think I had a chance I did so poorly. Guess everyone else had an even worse year!
Gonna blow that dough!

Back
Top Bottom