Married with children on the way... :)

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Our ceremony went off yesterday without a hitch. We're already halfway through name changing and joint accounting. I even have full medical, dental and vision insurance now!!! :)

I did however discover than I had something backwards. I though after getting married that I'd be the boss and make all the decisions. I was quickly corrected ;)

Many thanks for all the kind words received wishing us well. I think we're in for a long and happy life together!

Congratulations TH. I hope marriage is a wonderful gift to both of you. I also hope that your bride will give you plenty of free time to continue your posting on this forum. :)

Mikey

Regarding the joint account, just remember the ER mantra: eat, drink, be merry, and don't commingle your assets :)

Live Long and Prosper
vg.gif
Live is so much better when you have someone special with which to share it.

Congrats, man

With a new bride, and a youngin' on the way, you're gonne be bored stiff. :D

Its ALL about love Nords...but the fringe benefits dont stink! :)

Its actually kind of comforting though. I'd had full insurance coverage all of my life, and parting with that may have been the most discomforting part of separating from work. I've had very good individual medical coverage that I've paid for myself, but getting back full group coverage feels like putting on an old comfortable pair of jeans. Except I cant put on any of my old jeans without looking like a blueberry muffin. :p

Dammit JohnnyM...all this time I thought it was "Prosp long and liver". :-X

If you've memorized the magic words, "You're right dear", everything will work out. ;)

The words of Rumpole of the Bailey seem relevant here. His wife was She Who Must be Obeyed.

Sums it up well, I think.

CONGRATULATIONS!

My best to you both. Um, all!

Anne

TH,

Woo-hoo! I envy your situation--being able to spend time with your bride and your arriving young 'un without the time-robbing distractions of the workaday world --super!

Congratulations to you all!

samclem

We're already halfway through name changing and joint accounting.  

TH - congrats on the marriage! :)

One bit of advice - while you're changing the accounts, it would be better to take the opportunity to set up revocable trusts for you and your wife's assets (especially if a child is on the way). Not only would you seamlessly transition everything in a difficult time, but you could also set up your durable power of attorneys, health care directives, clarify who is to look after the kids, etc., and have everything in place not only for an untimely passing, but in case someone is temporarily incapable of making decisions on financial/health care matters.

Excellent advice Peter. I was already starting to lay out wills and trusts so we had all the paperwork for an attorney to look over.

Back
Top Bottom