Medical Alert Necklace: An experiences with them?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Medical Alert Necklace: Any experiences with them?

My grandmother would like one of those "im falling and I cant get up" necklaces. What are some brands out there that are reliable and cheap?

So far Ive only seen Philips Life Alert or something like that...its about 40/month if I recall (we looked into this for her a few months back and lost track). theres also versions that are not 'service' based in that they do not call a support center. instead, they call a pre-programmed list of #'s witha pre-recorded message. thus, theres no monthly charge

Thanks for any input you may have, including their effectiveness

Last edited:
theres also versions that are not 'service' based in that they do not call a support center. instead, they call a pre-programmed list of #'s witha pre-recorded message. thus, theres no monthly charge

This is clearly less expensive, but hit or miss. I have 4 people on my list of "if I need you I'll call." Lot's of times I'll call all four (not in need, but just to talk or make plans or whatever) and get no-one. Someone usually calls back before long, but if I were in deep doo-doo it might not help much by then.

Fed, I hope you can find something effective that the family can afford.

Ha

My mother has the life alert and we are very happy with it .She fell last year and got imediate response .

Back
Top Bottom