Microsoft Surface Pro 4 i7 16gb 512gb

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Has anyone got one of these, the i7 16gb Ram version. I am thinking of getting one and could use some help making the decision. It I buy one it will be the i7 16gb version.

Thanks

Yes, my husband recently bought one. Do you have any specific questions? So far, he seems to like it a lot (he has had it for about a month).

I personally vacillated between that and the iPad Pro and ended up with the iPad Pro. We are both happy with the choices we made.

One specific question . . . how is the keyboard for laptop use?

I looked at one of the original Surface Pro versions several years ago and remember thinking that the keyboard seemed like a floppy mess. Maybe good for using at a desk, but I never work at a desk anymore.

I have the core m3 4gb Ram version. No keyboard as I only use it as a reader. It runs pleasantly warm... no hot spots.

I have had it since released... November I think. The OS has been a bit unreliable. At times, it would just lock up on a daily basis. Seems better lately as I only have to perform the hard Reset once a week or so.

Battery life is not great if you travel a lot. Mine is usually by the living room couch and is on the charger at least every other day.

I would expect the i7 with 16G ram device will run somewhat hotter and harder on the battery.

I asked my husband. He says the keyboard is squishy. I asked him what that means. He is talking about how he feels the keyboard give when he presses down on a key. That said, he likes it and isn't bothered by it. So far, his battery life has been fine but he has mostly used it at home.

Back
Top Bottom