Mobil1 at Costco

Jerry1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Costco has Mobil1 on sale for just under $4.80 per quart. Anyone see any reason not to max out the buy on this. Max is 30 quarts per membership. I can have DD grab 30 also. That would equate to 7.5 oil changes for me. That would be about 3 years.

I’ve just passed the dealer provided oil changes on both of my vehicles and I’m thinking of changing my own oil. Does it make sense to stock up, or, is this a typical sale price that I should be able to get from time to time so no need to get more that one or two oil changes.

$4.80 / qt is the lowest I can remember.

I usually get a 5 qt jug from walmart
either at the store or free delivery when combined with something to meet the free shipping $ threshold. Current price is $25.47

Costco is $28.69 for a case (6 quarts).

I buy my 0W-20 oil there since dealers are charging $60+ for a synthetic oil change these days.

I'm in Walmart every day ($5.09 per quart Mobil 1 in 5 quart bottles.)

I seldom go to Costco.

You can buy Super Tech synthetic oil at Walmart that's also made by Exxon-Mobil for $2.87 per quart in 5 quart bottles. It's perfectly decent motor oil.

I challenge you to find inexpensive 0W16 motor oil that is used in Japanese hybrids. It's about $10 per quart.

I think they run that discount pretty much every other month. Otherwise a case is $10 more ... at my local store, at least.

Thanks. That was one of the things I was wondering. Save me the trouble of getting DD to buy some and save me the storage trouble if it goes on sale regularly.

Last edited:
You just missed the fall Mobil 1 rebate. They run it every spring and fall. When I need Mobil 1 I usually pick up the five quart jug from Walmart at $25-$26, and get a $12 rebate. Price per quart is pretty good. There are more details at the link, I don't see Costco listed, but Walmart isn't listed either and I've never had trouble getting the rebate.

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/mobil-1-rebate-2019

Although I've read the "experts" :LOL: say that "unopened" motor oil shelf life is ~5 years, I typically limit my "oil stock" to no more than ~2 years since I store it in an uncontrolled temperature environment (my car barn). YMMV.

Last edited:
You just missed the fall Mobil 1 rebate. They run it every spring and fall. When I need Mobil 1 I usually pick up the five quart jug from Walmart at $25-$26, and get a $12 rebate. Price per quart is pretty good. There are more details at the link, I don't see Costco listed, but Walmart isn't listed either and I've never had trouble getting the rebate.

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/mobil-1-rebate-2019

Thanks for the link. They have a promotion to get a rebate from having it done. Maybe I won’t be changing my own oil after all :D.

Interesting on the rebate promotion. They don’t include Costco on the list, but when you enter your zip code, Costco comes up as one of their retail suppliers. Costco my not do the promotion though. I know they don’t take coupons. I know this isn’t a coupon, but Costco doesn’t play well in that space.

Back
Top Bottom