Music - Anybody remember this?

Yeah baby. Love me some Cream. Like many British bands of the era, they embraced American blues. Taught many of us to appreciate the great music emanating from our land.

I was a bigger fan of "Blind Faith." (Although I did see "Cream" in concert and always considered them "in the top tier" with the Beatles, etc.)

YouTube - Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home - 1969

Come down off your throne
and leave your body alone.
Somebody must change.
You are the reason
I've been waiting so long.
Somebody holds the key.

But I'm near the end and
I just ain't got the time
And I'm wasted and
I can't find my way home.

Come down on your own
and leave your body alone.
Somebody must change.
You are the reason
I've been waiting all these years.
Somebody holds the key.

Blind Faith = best group ever. Cream = second best. Listening to the music of my teens makes me feel weird. Bad times compared to now but the music was great.

Mike D.

Blind Faith = best group ever. Cream = second best. Listening to the music of my teens makes me feel weird. Bad times compared to now but the music was great.

Mike D.

Ah, the 60s.....:). is it just nostalgia, or were those years the best music-wise...?

It seems to me that the music of one's youth is what one considers the best ever. I pity today's youth.

Mike D.

Not to worry. My 18 year old son and many of his friends listen to music of the 60's and 70's because today's music sucks. They've even borrowed many of my old LP's.

Don't forget Creedence and Little Feat.

It seems to me that the music of one's youth is what one considers the best ever. I pity today's youth.

Mike D.

I dunno , i think they're pretty lucky really.
There's more good music available out there of all different kinds
than ever before from what i can see.

Not to worry. My 18 year old son and many of his friends listen to music of the 60's and 70's because today's music sucks. They've even borrowed many of my old LP's.

Don't forget Creedence and Little Feat.

That reminds me , Little feat is playing in a club nearby in
a few weeks , i better go get some tickets..

That reminds me , Little feat is playing in a club nearby in
a few weeks , i better go get some tickets..

Saw them live in '77. Actually snuck a keg into the show. A fun evening was had by all!

Some examples please.

Ok, here are a few: i've seen most of these artists at local smaller venues for usually less than $30 for a concert ticket.

-----

Some nepalese buddhist music w/ a modern twist by buddhist nun Choying Drohma

YouTube - Kyamdro Semkye

Some east indian / ozarkian music featuring shawn lane who played guitar with black oak arkansas for a long spell (though you'd hardly tell that from this video). Interesting mix of blues , bluegrass and east indian styles

YouTube - Shawn Lane - Guitar Solo Improv (San Diego - 25th Jan 2001)

Cape verde / portuguese singer / guitarist sara tavares

YouTube - Sara Tavares "Bom Feeling live" Vrije Geluiden Nov. 2007

Israeli Blues / funk guitarist Oz Noy -- he goes a bit outside here
but you blues / strat fans commenting in this thread will still like it i think..

YouTube - Oz Noy with Will Lee & Dave Weckl-" EpistroFunk"

Chapman stick player greg howard doing the charles mingus tune "goodbye porkpie hat"

YouTube - Goodbye Porkpie Hat - Chapman Stick - Two-handed Tapping

Classical guitarist ralph towner

YouTube - Ralph Towner 5

60s music was really extraordinary, in my not-so-humble opinion. I know a lot of blues musicians in their 40s who wish they'd been around to see these acts and even the earlier ones. For some reason no one cares to have missed Doris Day or Pat Boone - imagine my shock!

And please don't forget Janis Joplin in this tribute fest!

Thanks for posting all the clips.

I saw, back in the early '70s, a triple play concert of Blue Oyster Cult/Black Oak Arkansas/Black Sabbath. Literally, my ears have never been the same. We were in the center of the front row. The only thing louder that I've heard was the Grateful Dead (or the Grateful Deads, as my mother called them) in the Felt Forum in NYC. I did not take drugs at either concert but the air was thick with MJ smoke. They were both interesting experiences.

Back
Top Bottom