My little head game

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
For the last 10 years or so I have been playing an ongoing head game with myself. When I first took up this new "sport" I was pretty bad however, like anything that you stick with and try to improve, I have improved tremendously and rarely fall too short of my goals.

What is this game you ask?

Listen to the stock market report any day, either during that trading day or at the end, and they will always report the stock market daily results in the order : Dow, NASDQ, S&P 500. As soon as you hear the Dow and NASDQ~ immediately calculate what you believe the S&P 500 is for the day.

For example, Dow is up 50.65 and the NASDQ is up 18.40.....you have 2 seconds to guess what the S&P is and you must guess before it is announced.

You will soon find that there is a definate association between the first 2 and how they affect what the S&P 500 is for the same period.

Because I have done it for so long and have a distinct feel for the relationship between the 3 indices, I am rarely off by a point and generally within a 1/10 of a point. My goal is to exactly figure out what the S&P will be and it is not unusual for me to nail it.

I know, I know...get a life. 8)

Back
Top Bottom