My Story, Part 3......

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
(Removed by moderators, as requested by FinanceDude.)

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG - I feel so bad for you. Your stepmom is obviously a psychopath of the first order, and it's terrible to read about the impact she has had on you and your family.

Good for you for being a survivor!

Part 4, my sister's cancer comes back, and my relationship with my parents gets a fatal blow.
Oh crap, it just keeps going...

I hope your sister is alive. This is getting to be too much a click-hanger for me.

Ha

I sure hope part 4 has some happiness in it, or at least you currently have some happiness in your life.

Sad story Dude. It does sound like you should break completely with your parents although that sounds like what the next part will tells us. As to this:
I found out that my stepmom had the priest at our home parish excommunicate my sister after her divorce, they refused to serve her Communion! I gave her away, and we had a good time.
I assume you are talking about the Catholic Church. Please assure your sister that MiL can't work out an excommunication with the parish priest. If the local priest is a big enough d**k -head he might refuse her communion based on MiL's allegations or your daughter's public statements (some jerk did so to John Kerry or some other candidate for espousing a woman's right to choose). But none of this noise reflects any official action by the Church.

All I can say is Wow and I'm sorry your dad and step mom were so very cruel. There is no other word. Keep writing FinanceDude....

You should write a book. This would make one heck of a novel. Too bad it's a true story. Hoping for a happy ending.

You should write a book. This would make one heck of a novel. Too bad it's a true story. Hoping for a happy ending.

Well, my original major was mass communications, and I once wrote a book of 25 freestyle poems, does that count? ;)

Wow, FD! From your story, it seems to me you have made plenty of effort to make amends. Too bad your father still wanted to treat you like a little kid and wanted you to grovel.

My wife has a cousin who is like your father and step mom. Not just her own son but her cousins, nieces and nephews have stayed away from her after several attempts to make amends, although they really did nothing to her. She just thought everybody was out to get her. She did not need anyone else but her husband, but he died. Now, she is living alone, and probably raving mad by herself. It is strange and sad.

Dude, this story would make a great book and maybe a better movie. I just can't get over all the hassles you have had in life (so far). This is so foreign to me that I have to read most of it a couple times.

I'm looking forward to part III and I surely hope things get better for you.

FD: touching story, seriuosly. But you are living proof that you choose your destiny, no one else...well dun! My wife had some similarities in her upbringing, and she's the mot amazing woman today and an incredible mother. Some evenings, I just stare at her and when she catches me and asks "what?", I just say "I love you!" She's come so far, like you have, and I am sooooo proud of her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom