My Trip Blog is Open for Business

In Bryce Canyon now, very nice. I'm trying to get a video uploaded right now. The Zion ride was so nice that we did it again this morning.

Great blog Al.

Tell Gunilla that she's not really Swedish if she's from JokkMokk :cool:

Looks like a great trip. Zion is on my must do list. BTW, I noticed you had a nice roll of toilet paper next to the stew you cooked.:)

"For dinner, we cooked the freeze-dried chicken stew which has literally been in our closet at home for about 10 years. Coincidentally, it was set to expire on May 9, 2009."

Continuing to have a great trip -- falling behind on posting. Near Grand Junction, CO now. Should have Zion day 2 up in a bit, here's a video:

YouTube - ZionToZion 035

Your blogs always inspire me to go on a road trip minus the baby tent and the cooking .

I'm so glad you posted an update, I'm enjoying your trip.

About the big couches that had to be disassembled... we have a similar couch and loveseat, ours are Lay-Z-Boy. On ours the backs come off of the rest of it. When they were delivered it was brought in as the seating part of the couch and loveseat and then 5 pieces of backs (2 for the loveseat, 3 for the couch.) This made it much lighter and easier to get in the door.

Great trip Al. I've got to go back and review as I lost track of it. You probably told us, but how did your daughter end up in St. Louis? Long way from where you live.

Great trip Al. I've got to go back and review as I lost track of it. You probably told us, but how did your daughter end up in St. Louis? Long way from where you live.

She was looking at the schools that had a good biomedical engineering program, and Wash U in St. Louis had a good one. It was true that choosing a school far away added significantly to the cost and effort, but it worked out well.

Another question Al. Your daughter now has a new apartment in the St. Louis area but I missed whether she found a job there or is going to grad school. What's the scoop?:)

Al, You do realize they usually meet their future spouses at this age so keep that tent handy and maybe invest in a new air mattress for all the future trips to St.Louis .

I just found this thread and enjoyed reading it tremendously. Lots of beautiful pictures and full of humor. You have a beautiful family. Congrats to your DD.

Thanks for the comments!

I made the final post in the blog today. Oops, I just realized I forgot a final map -- I'll have to go back an add that.

Click here to see the last post and sign the guestbook.

I'm not going to use blogspot in the future -- the system of uploading photos doesn't work very well.

Another question Al. Your daughter now has a new apartment in the St. Louis area but I missed whether she found a job there or is going to grad school. What's the scoop?:)

Sorry, I missed your question until now.

Her new apartment is in Kansas City, where she has a great engineering job with a large consulting firm. She started last Monday, and the company seems great.

Back
Top Bottom