NBA playoff predictions?

I live in an NBA city & honestly have lost interest in the sport.
Too busy being depressed by the Cubbies already sliding to last place :(

I think it will be a Heat<->OKC rematch but this time OKC triumphs.

I'm glad the Heat didn't break the Lakers' record of 33 straight wins. But if I went to Vegas, my money has to go on the Heat.

Heat with King James earning his second ring

I'll take the Bulls at 40:1

Love the Bulls, with D'Rose maybe (he did himself a disservice with how he handled his rehab)

It's the Heat for 2 more years until they have contract issues. Thunder....maybe.

Glad to see the Celtics get one win. I'm a lifetime Boston fan, but haven't watched much NBA ball since the Larry Bird days. In fact I only watched the last 4 minutes and OT of this game. That will probably do me for the year. ;)

Watching the Celtics this evening against NY. I don't think they will make it to the next round, sorry.
Glad to see the Celtics get one win. I'm a lifetime Boston fan, but haven't watched much NBA ball since the Larry Bird days. In fact I only watched the last 4 minutes and OT of this game. That will probably do me for the year. ;)

Last edited:
I predict that it will go to a game 7.... :dance:

But, I do not care who wins.... have not been watching the NBA for years.... the game just does not interest me like it used to....

I really can't get too worked up about the NBA except when it's time for the finals. Actually, I watched the semi's this year. And I was cheering for the Heat in the beginning but really thought the Pacers were impressive. And then comes the Spurs and I am impressed with them. Tim Duncan is a beast. Don't see how anyone can lose with him on their team and along with Tony Parker, Green, etc. Then comes this guy Anderson for the Heat. I can't even look at him as a basketball player. That getup is ugly and wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. How can I root for the Heat? I can't and hope the Spurs kick butt.

Thinking like that will show one's age and I guess I'm showing it.

I think Heat will win. It is not what I want but last night was Spurs chance.

Yeah, I can't believe the Spurs blew that lead. I like to keep the winners in Florida but I'm still hoping the Spurs win.

Yeah, I can't believe the Spurs blew that lead. I like to keep the winners in Florida but I'm still hoping the Spurs win.

As an ex official and coach, I am always amazed at the sheer brutality involved "in the paint" during NBA playoff games. The shoving, grabbing, jabbing, and body checking is unbelievable. Watch when they review a play in slow motion. My favorite though least violent was Miller getting a jump ball call on Duncan. Replay clearly shows he grabbed Duncan's jersey to turn him around to then tie up the ball. But its expected as Duncan didn't even react to it. Another guy gets arm barred in the throat knocking him down and the ex-coach announcer says on replay "Good no call, you need to have your big boy pants on to play defense in the lane".

As an ex official and coach, I am always amazed at the sheer brutality involved "in the paint" during NBA playoff games. The shoving, grabbing, jabbing, and body checking is unbelievable. Watch when they review a play in slow motion. My favorite though least violent was Miller getting a jump ball call on Duncan. Replay clearly shows he grabbed Duncan's jersey to turn him around to then tie up the ball. But its expected as Duncan didn't even react to it. Another guy gets arm barred in the throat knocking him down and the ex-coach announcer says on replay "Good no call, you need to have your big boy pants on to play defense in the lane".

This will show my age....

Back when Houston won the championships.... Hakeem Olajuwon was the best big man... He would get fouled on at least half his shots.... some were big whacks on his arms... but he made the shot anyhow, so no call... I would see guards get a little tap on a hand after the ball was gone and get a foul called...

It has gotten worse, which is why I just don't watch anymore...

Back
Top Bottom