Neptune Society?

Three members of my family have used them. Everything went smoothly.

When my Father died, they were called by the CCRC where he lived and they emailed me with updates. They gave me choices even though he had picked his own choices when he bought the plan.

The area of CA where I live, uses Trident Society (I think they are related companies) and I have a prepaid plan with them.

I used them 25 years ago when my first wife died. They arranged everything. All went well.

One of my sisters has prepaid for her funeral expenses with them. I have a contact number somewhere and from the info I have seen it is very legit.

My parents used them and when both of them died (12 years apart) the process was flawless. A simple phone call by the hospice team, a contracted funeral home made the pickup and we were able to watch as they were transported to the funeral home for cremation. It could not have been easier. My wife and I have already signed ourselves up along with our son. We also paid for international transportation as we occasionally travel out of the country so this includes local cremation anywhere in the world and transportation back to the US.

My parents used them. It was a single phone call to get the ball rolling. They picked up the body and a week or two the ashes were sent back. They died 8 years apart and had pre purchased the plans, had the urns and told us where everything was approximately 10 years prior.
It was so easy us, not needing to make all of those decisions at the time.

DH and I have considered using them, but have not made the step yet. Probably should!

I've been thinking of this as well, but DW not quite on board. We are Jewish and Judaism doesn't condone cremation. Although we are not religious, DW's childhood more-religious background is giving her second thoughts. This thread reminds me I need to pursue this further.

My parents prepaid with Neptune, and it was a godsend when they passed away in 2015, and 2018. No new expenses, and everything was handled seamlessly. My sister and I could not have been more satisfied with Nepture's services. There will be plenty of loose ends when parents pass away, it was very helpful to have Neptune handle everything associated with funerals, one less thing to deal with.

The only reason I haven't subscribed on our own behalf, last time I looked Neptune was not active in all states or outside major metro areas, and we weren't sure where we would be living. Clearer now, but still not set in stone...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 2.25.26 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 2.25.26 PM.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Is Neptune just a private business, maybe franchised? That has been my impression.

My parents signed up for Science Care (believing they were donating their bodies to science). When mom died it was 1 phone call while I was at the hospice facility and Science Care handled pickup and death certificates. No pre-pay. $0 costs. Includes optional free return of cremains of the parts they couldn't sell.

What is the advantage to using Neptune versus just doing it with a local funeral home? Also, do they ONLY handle cremations? When I did a Google search, it all seemed to focus on cremation.

I might be remembering wrong but my sister's plan has return of body from overseas if needed... she was traveling a lot a few years back and did not want to have us have any problems..

Neptune is very reasonably priced and they handle everything - at a time when you probably don’t want to deal with more questions and decisions IME.
https://badbola.com/other/neptune-society-pros-and-cons-1827/
Thank you. My MIL wants to be buried, so seems like not an option for her. We have done extensive estate planning for ourselves, so not an issue for us. I even know what jewelry she wants to be wearing when she passes lol. We did our first estate plan at ages 34/37, and we've done two updates since then.

Back
Top Bottom