Never did it, not even once

I have never-

-been south of the Equator. I was real close on October 6th 1981, but Anwar Sadat had to go and get himself killed. We turned the USS Saipan around and steamed north to fly the flag off the Egyptian coast. [something else to blame on Jimmy Carter]

-been in Cuba, other than on the naval base.
-owned a cell phone or any Apple product.
-paid any interest on my credit cards. Always pay the bill off every month.
-spent more than one night in jail.
-had a bank loan. Have borrowed money from my parents a couple of times.
-used a debit card or ATM.
-paid over $350 for a firearm. Although I own many valued at much more.
-gone a day without a cup of coffee. I drink it all day and into the night.
-bought a Starbuck's coffee.
-killed a doe. [other than during doe week]

But wait a minute!

One-night stand, it must be common! I missed out, just like redduck.
You reminded me how as a kid, I used to hear all those songs where the artist sings about his life of one-night stands. I thought he was talking about moving from one town to the next on tour, and playing one night in a venue before moving on. I was well into my adult years before I discovered that it didn't mean that :blush:

I thought he was talking about moving from one town to the next on tour, and playing one night in a venue before moving on...
Well, it could be both. Rock musicians do.;)

Hey, don't beat yourself up over a Colles fracture, Ari.....

Colles' fracture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's instinctive to hold out your hand to brace yourself against a rapidly approaching object/the ground!

So I learned when I fell down the stairs a few years ago. I have no memory of holding out my right hand - but I sure do remember the pain once I landed on that wrist - funny how your entire forearm can turn into spaghetti instantly. First broken bone of my life - classic Colles fracture. Had an ORIF two weeks later, and now refer to that as my bionic wrist. Thanks to an amazing surgeon and a wonderful physical therapist it is good as new.

To all the folks who've never broken a bone - I used to say that too - then I met that staircase. :(

Never been to a dentist, eh? :cool:

OK, you almost made a good point. But, listen, that stuff in my mouth at the dentist's -- that's not pure spit (this is even disgusting to me). It's kind of manufactured stuff not completely created or initiated by me. And, even on my best days at the dentist (I go 2-3 times a year for a cleaning, thank you very much), it's more like 1/3 spit; 2/3 drool. Kinda' sounds like my asset allocation.

Anyhow, don't you have a well to dig?

Never had a raw cherrystone (clam)? Ya haven't lived!

Never jumped from a plane, (but did from a helicopter).
Never been to Belarus.
Never worn a bra.
Never been to Starbucks
Never driven an Aston Martin.
Never shot an elephant.

Never lost a race in my event in a dual meet, in 9 years of competitive swimming.

Anyhow, don't you have a well to dig?
Most likely, he's still enjoying full hook up at an RV park, surfing Web on their WIFI with the AC running, gas grill outside smokin', and probably does not want to go home yet to a toilet that cannot flush.

I have never -

Had sex with anyone other than my wife.
No, I'm not ugly. yes, I had offers. And no, I'm an atheist

Flown in a jet

Eaten mutton

As I review all of your responses....................I never did it, not even once.....................since last week........

Most likely, he's still enjoying full hook up at an RV park, surfing Web on their WIFI with the AC running, gas grill outside smokin', and probably does not want to go home yet to a toilet that cannot flush.
We considered it, but our neighbors across the road allowed me to run 300 ft of garden hose to fill the RV fresh water tank plus several water containers. We can shower in the RV and use the water from the containers to refill the toilets in the house after flushing. Should work fine until the well is repaired*, hopefully by days end on Monday.

*Decided to go with a new, more powerful submersible pump since the old one just celebrated its 9th birthday plus the need for more HP to pump from another 200 feet into the water table (pump to be lowered from 500 to 700 ft). Estimated cost of new pump, added pipe, added wiring, and labor: $3.5 to $4k. The joys of country living...

I have never -

Had sex with anyone other than my wife.
No, I'm not ugly. yes, I had offers. And no, I'm an atheist

Flown in a jet

Eaten mutton

So, how do you live up to your forum name?

You both may have amnesia due to inhaling !

I cannot speak for redduck, but there are more peculiar things about me that people would not know.

Last edited:
This is maybe the all time weird thread. And that takes some doing.

Ha

I wish many of you were my friends growing up. I was attracted to the dark side and got in a lot of trouble. While I can say, I had a lot of fun, I wish my friends could have been people like many who have posted here.

Those who've never done things many do weekly, if not daily, are certainly secure in themselves and able to live their lives different from the great majority. And that takes a lot of fortitude and inner strength.

Hell, I'm almost 60 and just quit drinking a year ago. Now that it's been a year, it's interesting looking around and being the one that sticks out from the crowd. But I'm a vegan too, so I'm used to that. It's just seeing how people's lives revolve around alcohol and that is the center of many lives.

Interesting how many people have never done this. Me and my siblings are reckless. My mom joked after a trip to the ER last night with one of my brothers that she's 3 for 4 on broken wrists. I fell off a swing and two of my brothers fell skateboarding, all of us somehow decided that the wrist was the best place to land. :facepalm:

I've done plenty of things that should have caused me to break bones considering I am pretty clutzy: flown planes, gliders, parachuted, skied mountains way over my ability, done a marathon and hiked a fair amount. Not to mention I've owned a driven fast cars for 25+ and seldom go slower than 15 MPH over the speed limit. I think it is just being lucky.

I wish many of you were my friends growing up. I was attracted to the dark side and got in a lot of trouble. While I can say, I had a lot of fun, I wish my friends could have been people like many who have posted here.

Those who've never done things many do weekly, if not daily, are certainly secure in themselves and able to live their lives different from the great majority. And that takes a lot of fortitude and inner strength.

Hell, I'm almost 60 and just quit drinking a year ago. Now that it's been a year, it's interesting looking around and being the one that sticks out from the crowd. But I'm a vegan too, so I'm used to that. It's just seeing how people's lives revolve around alcohol and that is the center of many lives.

Glad you made it through the dark side and lived to tell the tale.

I decided at the age of seven never to touch alcohol, and I never have (50 years and counting). I'm not sure it had anything to do with inner strength - more like sheer pigheadedness and contrariness! When many of the adults around you are drinking to excess, and you see the consequences of that at such a young age, the only logical choice (at least to my young mind) was to avoid it like the plague. I sometimes wish my siblings had made the same choice.

This same contrariness got me in my fair share of trouble through the years, by the way.

FWIW, being a vegan in this society takes plenty of inner fortitude in my opinion.

I've never hit a curve ball.
I've never been on a motorcycle.
I've never been in a fight (like, you know, when there's punching and I fall down).
I've never really tallied how much money I have until a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom