'New Driver' or 'Student Driver' regulation in NY

noelm

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello folks,

After a break of 10 years, I am again behind the wheels. As I got on the roads, I was really scared by the latest driving practices and a couple of times, got honked, tailgated because I was driving at the speed limit. Once a Texan passed by on a single lane road, honking at me. I didn't pick up a fight at either of these a$$hats because I had my 4 year old son in the car.

I was wondering if I can put a 'New Driver' or 'Student Driver' sign on the car till I get used to current driving practice. I googled but didn't find any specific regulation. I thought, may be I should put a question here before contacting DMV.

This is in NY.

Many thanks in advance.

(P.S. - Bonus question, can you report bad drivers on any website anonymously?)

Not sure about NY DMV regulations, but you can hang this in the back window

sf-214_1t.jpg

and you can attach a bumper sticker that says "I drive the speed limit" Lots to choose from here Speed Limit Bumper Stickers

<>I was really scared by the latest driving practices and a couple of times, got honked, tailgated because I was driving at the speed limit. Once a Texan passed by on a single lane road, honking at me. I didn't pick up a fight at either of these a$$hats because I had my 4 year old son in the car.

You probably know this already, but never pick a fight with or without your children along. There is a lot of rage out there, and it can turn really bad really fast.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom