NFL: 2016 Season

Ok , don't shoot me I am just the messenger hearing on Houston radio Bill Obrien is out . It appears rick Smith and Bill Obrien do not get along so BOB will resign as soon as Houston is eliminated . ( per AM radio 790 )

Not a big surprise to me.... I did not think that he was coaching that well... some really bad calls and some bad clock management...

If he were in a tougher division he would be winning 4 to 5 games a year... and would be laid off anyhow...

#TheBrockening

texans.jpg

That had to be about the 4 worst playoff games I've seen in a single weekend. Here's hoping for more excitement next weekend.

That had to be about the 4 worst playoff games I've seen in a single weekend. Here's hoping for more excitement next weekend.

I don't think they were THAT bad. All four games had some moments of excitement. The Packer game was filled with exciting moments after the first quarter and was easily the best of the 4 games. You don't see a team score 38pts in 3 quarters very often in the NFL. I do expect the games to get better overall though as we progress thru the playoffs.

Just calling them as I see them, on aggregate. I agree that the Packers-Giants was the best game and until halftime was decent. But I was hoping for a bit (read: much) more in the way of quality and suspense competition.

During one of the games they had mentioned that last year all 4 visiting teams won....

This year all 4 visiting teams lost...

Just something interesting...

Some of it was interesting for a while. The first half of GB-NYG was intriguing if sloppy, and it looked like like the half-ending TD to Cobb totally sunk the Giants as they barely showed up for the second half and Rodgers started carving them up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Other than that, it looked like the other three home teams pretty much had it in the bag from the opening kickoff.

Yes it seemed so and true of the hail Mary at the end of the half really did seem to kill the Giants. The most interesting plays I saw were some of the brutal and mostly illegal hits. Not pretty.

Well two games down and still waiting for a really exciting game. Ryan certainly bolstered his position for MVP and although the Pats didn't look particularly sharp they easily outclassed the Texans. I hoping that the Packers-Cowboys game is going to deliver this weekend but we'll have to see.

Well two games down and still waiting for a really exciting game. Ryan certainly bolstered his position for MVP and although the Pats didn't look particularly sharp they easily outclassed the Texans. I hoping that the Packers-Cowboys game is going to deliver this weekend but we'll have to see.

At least the Texans made it exciting for half the game. I thought they might actually beat NE. I don't know if Playoff games can affect the MVP voting but if they do Ryan is a shoe-in. If they continue to play like that then they win the NFC and maybe even the Superbowl. Packers have too many injuries. Unless they are at least +2 in turnovers I don't think they have much chance in Dallas. Oakland/KC is the most even match up. Too bad they are the teams I care least about. Still looking forward to the games tonight though since I start a new job next week that includes every other weekend.

It's Pittsburgh against KC tonight as Oakland was eliminated last week.

My bad. I care a little about Pittsburg and I guess i'd root for them. Still, likely to be the closest game of the weekend.

Well two games down and still waiting for a really exciting game. Ryan certainly bolstered his position for MVP and although the Pats didn't look particularly sharp they easily outclassed the Texans.

The NFL's goal of creating parity in the league has failed. The ratings has been down due to the lack of competitive games.

If Houston had a decent QB they would have beaten the Pats because their defense played an awesome game. Unfortunately they're stuck with Osweiler and his massive contract at least for a couple of years.

Last edited:
The NFL goal of creating parity in the league has failed. The ratings has been down due to the lack of competitive games.

If Houston had a decent QB they would have beaten the Pats because their defense played an awesome game. Unfortunately they're stuck with Osweiler and his massive contract at least for a couple of years.

I think you need to put just as much blame on his receivers as you do on Osweiler. They both need to improve next season to advance in the playoffs.

The Pats were horrible, good thing the Texans were even worse. I never watched the Falcons once this season so wasn't sure what to do expect, they were impressive yesterday dispensing with the Seahawks. Maybe Ryan's day has come, he's been solid for years, just not quite good enough.

Should be two good games today, Packers-Cowboys and Steelers-Chiefs, might be epic.

Finally!!! Now that was a football game! Thought it might be a Packer blowout early on but what an ending. GB looking a bit like a team of destiny this year.

Finally!!! Now that was a football game! Thought it might be a Packer blowout early on but what an ending. GB looking a bit like a team of destiny this year.

Yes, really fun game to watch. Well played by both teams. Hard fought.

The GB kicker deserves a serious bonus check and free beer for a year!

Dallas should have tried running most of the game instead of competing in a shootout. Their game plan was more pass first, run second. When the game was tied with 35 seconds left I pretty much said that's way too much time for Rodgers. Game over!

I think the only team that can stop the Packers are the Pats. Or maybe more correctly said, the Packers might have problems stopping the Pats.

Agree that Pats-Packers looks like the match up but still some football to play.

Both kickers get clutch awards but the GB kicker doubly so.

As much as I would like to see GB in the Superbowl, Atlanta is the better team. They have better defense and better running game than GB and as good of a passing game. There could be 70+ pts scored in that one. I'll be rooting for GB but they should be the underdog.

Back
Top Bottom