NFL: 2020 Season

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Tom Brady say he will not be re-signing as a Patriots.

Will be interesting to see if he is playing chicken with the Patriots or if this really is the end of the Brady/Pats era. Teams and players have changed their minds in the past.

Tom Brady, widely regarded as the greatest quarterback in history, has said he will not be re-signing with the New England Patriots, ending one of the most successful partnerships in sports.

The 42-year-old has spent his entire NFL career with the Patriots, leading the franchise to six Super Bowl championships.

"I don't know what my football future holds but it is time for me to open a new stage," Brady posted on his social media accounts, in a statement entitled "Forever a Patriot."
Brady, who turns 43 this summer, will become an unrestricted free agent when free agency opens on Wednesday.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/sport/tom-brady-leave-new-england-spt-intl/index.html

When I read the story the other day about Brady and Belichick meeting and Belichick saying the most they could offer him was around $15M it seemed like a slap in the face to Brady to me. For all he's done for the Patriots, even taking a reduced salary for years so they could sign other players, he certainly deserves a lot more than that even if he's past his prime. That being said I wish he would just retire, his legacy is set and he certainly doesn't need the money.

When I read the story the other day about Brady and Belichick meeting and Belichick saying the most they could offer him was around $15M it seemed like a slap in the face to Brady to me. For all he's done for the Patriots, even taking a reduced salary for years so they could sign other players, he certainly deserves a lot more than that even if he's past his prime. That being said I wish he would just retire, his legacy is set and he certainly doesn't need the money.

Ah ... the old slap in the face offer. In that case, I really don't blame Brady for moving on.

I'm of the belief that it's better to w*rk at a place where appreciated for peanuts than at a place not appreciated for a ton of $$$.

From my perspective on working all my life, I just can't understand why he doesn't retire. There is nothing else for him to prove, he owns most of the QB records, and is already universally acknowledged as the G.O.A.T.

There are other aspects of the game that he could be a huge benefit in.

There are now numerous reports that Tom Brady will sign with the Tampa Bay Bucs tomorrow.

Darn... we moved to SWFL to get away from him in NE and then he has to follow us here. WTH?

Tom Brady has had a legendary and exceptionally successful career. He should retire and bask in the glory. Please don't do a Brett Favre. (From a Seahawks fan.)

And apparently Philip Rivers is signing with Indianapolis. Guess they just love what they do.

I have just officially divorced myself from the Houston Texans. After being a die-hard Oilers/Texans fan for decades I have had enough. The DeAndre Hopkins trade was the last straw. For several years everyone questioned the rationale of Bill O'Brien's job as a coach but at some point even the most loyal fan has got to say - enough is enough. I can't see any good outcome from this but more than that I am tired of being tired of the O'Brien formula - whether it be play calling of the past few years or failing to take advantage of the talent on the team he inherited from Kubiak it has let everyone scratching their heads.

I love the city of Houston, mostly based upon my experience of living in Montrose in the 70's, but as I age I am tired of being tired of this BS. Tired of wondering who/what needs to change.

Adios Mofo!!

Brady agrees to sign with Tampa Bay

Tom Brady didn't take long to determine his landing spot in the NFL.
The former New England Patriots quarterback agreed in principle to sign with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a person with knowledge of the deal told USA TODAY Sports' Mike Jones. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been finalized and cannot be completed until the start of the league year on Wednesday.
NFL Network was first to report the news.
The deal is believed to be worth roughly $30 million per year, according to NFL Network.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...pa-bay-buccaneers-nfl-free-agency/5074185002/

Brady should retire as a Patriot.

This reminds me of when Joe Montana left the 49ers. At least back then, the 49ers had Steve Young to take Montana's place.

In a way, it reminds me of Albert Pujols leaving the STL Cardinals. In STL he would have been a hero for ever. In CA, not so much. Of course, his leaving opened up money to keep Yadi Molina, which was probably the best thing for the Cardinals. So It Goes.

On a side note, While I respect Brady's talent, as a human being, not so much. Can't say the same about Pujols. He is a stand up guy that just made a bad decision, but still does charity work in STL. He is always welcomed here.

Certainly be strange to see Brady on another team. IMO, his legacy won't look quite the same. Franchise players leave their teams but usually under clearer circumstances (injury, decline, etc.). Personally don't understand the decision to leave over a 1yr contract difference. It seems the pats wanted to do 1yr deals with him. Maybe there's more to it or something about Brady that makes him tick.

The Gronk is going to join Brady for Tampa.

We shall see, how this plays out ... if there is a season at all in 2020.

Rob Gronkowski wants to play football again.
More specifically, he wants to continue playing with Tom Brady.
And it appears he'll get his wish.
The 30-year-old is set to come out of retirement in conjunction with a trade that will send his contractual rights from New England to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, confirmed to USA TODAY Sports' Mike Jones. The Buccaneers, of course, signed Brady in March.
“Pending the physical, Rob has agreed to play for Tampa this season," Rosenhaus said in a text message. "He will honor his current contract at this time.”
ESPN and NFL Network were the first outlets to report the deal.
According to the two outlets, the Patriots agreed to send Gronkowski and a seventh-round draft pick to Tampa Bay in exchange for a fourth-rounder, pending a physical.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...m-brady-buccaneers-patriots-trade/2999269001/

Yes, I was surprised by the move by Gronk to come out of retirement. The article I saw said his contract for 2020-2021 was $9 million.

I guess Belichick is next?

Yes, I was surprised by the move by Gronk to come out of retirement. The article I saw said his contract for 2020-2021 was $9 million.

Being away from football gives his body time to heal, maybe the CBD helped. He is still young, and being on a team with Brady again with at least 2 other receiving threats in place was perhaps too good an opportunity for him to pass up.

This is the time of year when, like a Pavlov dog, I start itching for some mid-summer early football. But it don't look promising this year.

New Zealand has rugby if you just need to see some big runs and big hitting. (I'm a big fan of both rugby and football :cool: )

It looks like we will have NFL football this fall, after all. At least for the first week of games.

I had not been paying much attention during the training camps. The Chatter is boring and too much is unknown without preseason games. But the cutdown to the 53 man rosters got my attention that they really will be starting the season this week.

I may watch the first few games next week, but similar to the rules on this forum, if they inject politics into the game, I'll be done with with them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom