NFL: 2016 Season

Another stellar performance by Dak Prescott. This 5th rd pick is looking better than any of the other QBs picked in earlier rounds. Romo better look out, Dak wants your job.

And I hope he gets it. Romo doesn't seem to have the health required to last an entire season. Prescott is good, and with enough experience, could be great.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1472226141.123379.jpg

I cringe when people talk about football and refer to "our" team. Or "we're" going to beat so and so. Vomit...you're not part of the team...there is no "we" and "us." You're getting excited over a bunch of dudes trying to move a leather object to the other side of the field. Just stop.

Its also hilarious that the NFL is a charitable organization. Nice of them to dodge taxes.

Seriously...you're not part of the team. The next time you say us, our, we when referring to your favorite team...take a look around and see what setting you're in. Most are either stuck in a cube farm at an office, a lot are working assembly line work and whoever is remaining are working for a corporation. Or worse yet you're retired and still care about the nfl like you're part of some team.

Next time you buy a jersey think about your favorite QB who just purchased a 10 million dollar home and 3 new exotic cars. Wake up folks.

I cringe when people talk about football and refer to "our" team. Or "we're" going to beat so and so. Vomit...you're not part of the team...there is no "we" and "us." You're getting excited over a bunch of dudes trying to move a leather object to the other side of the field. Just stop.

Its also hilarious that the NFL is a charitable organization. Nice of them to dodge taxes.

Seriously...you're not part of the team. The next time you say us, our, we when referring to your favorite team...take a look around and see what setting you're in. Most are either stuck in a cube farm at an office, a lot are working assembly line work and whoever is remaining are working for a corporation. Or worse yet you're retired and still care about the nfl like you're part of some team.

Next time you buy a jersey think about your favorite QB who just purchased a 10 million dollar home and 3 new exotic cars. Wake up folks.

I suggest you find more important things to complain about:facepalm:.

I suggest you find more important things to complain about:facepalm:.
If anything you'll think about it the next time someone says these words. Its important for people to recognize whats happening.

I enjoy football, but they'll (whoever they is) be "my team" when I start getting profit sharing checks.

If anything you'll think about it the next time someone says these words. Its important for people to recognize whats happening.

You are sounding more and more like a troll.

You are sounding more and more like a troll.
Not trying to be. Its not just football...its any sports team. Just an observation I make when people discuss sports.

I understand being passionate but sometimes people need to take a step back. Look at soccer. People riot and kill each other in other countries because of outcomes of "their" team.

That or if you talk about a team you like and someone else does not like them they almost get defensive and angry. Grown adults getting angry over who likes what team. Its madness. Its even worse in stadiums. I remember as a kid seeing the mob like mentality at footballs games. Havent been back since.

When my cousin was younger he used to smash tv remotes when the yankees lost.

Last edited:
I understand being passionate but sometimes people need to take a step back. Look at soccer. People riot and kill each other in other countries because of outcomes of "their" team.

That or if you talk about a team you like and someone else does not like them they almost get defensive and angry. Grown adults getting angry over who likes what team. Its madness.

If people would only be more reasonable and follow the same philosophy of tolerance toward others - like they do with religion. Oh, wait...

Now this is what I call living it up. I admire a guy that sticks to his priorities :) :

Colts quarterback Andrew Luck became the highest-paid player in NFL history when he signed a six-year, $140 million contract during the offseason.

That much money allows Luck to buy basically whatever he wants: a new house, some new cars, a trip around the world or designer watches for his offensive linemen who protect him.

Who knows how Luck plans to spend his millions -- one thing he's not going to do, though, is change the type of cellphone he uses.
Luck used his Facebook page to let his fans know he recently purchased a new phone.

A new flip phone.

How did Andrew Luck splurge after agreeing to $140 million deal? A new flip phone - Indianapolis Colts Blog- ESPN

....When my cousin was younger he used to smash tv remotes when the yankees lost.

He must have gone through a lot of remotes. :D

On the other stuff... lighten up. To each there own... what skin is ot off your nose?

Romo now out indefinitely with back injury; I would say time to retire.

Romo now out indefinitely with back injury; I would say time to retire.

A report from PFT put him out 6-10 weeks with a broken bone in his back but Jason Garrett won't rule him out for game one:confused::confused::confused:

But if it is a broken bone in his back he should retire. He's too fragile to play in the NFL.

A report from PFT put him out 6-10 weeks with a broken bone in his back but Jason Garrett won't rule him out for game one:confused::confused::confused:

But if it is a broken bone in his back he should retire. He's too fragile to play in the NFL.

It may depend on how Dak Prescott does... the good news is that he has done very well in the preseason. The bad new is that it is the preseason.

Who knows, it might be shades of Kurt Warner taking over after Trent Green got hurt in preseason...

NFL Power Rankings: Week 1

NFL Power Rankings: Week 1

1. CAR
  2. ARI
  3. SEA
  4. GB
  5. NE
  6. DEN
  7. PIT
  8. KC
  9. CIN
  10. MIN
  11. OAK
  12. HOU
  13. WAS
  14. NYJ
  15. TB
  16. BUF
  17. JAX
  18. DAL
  19. NYG
  20. BAL
  21. MIA
  22. TEN
  23. DET
  24. IND
  25. ATL
  26. PHI
  27. NO
  28. LA
  29. SD
  30. CHI
  31. SF
  32. CLE
First game is tomorrow, Thursday: DEN vs. CAR. Should be a good one!

Now that the Rams are an LA team again, I have an NFL team to root for! Yeah! Go Rams!

Hopefully they'll become competitive before they move somewhere else.

Now that Manning has ER'd :LOL:, I'm not that interested in following Denver "except" I hope they beat Cam Newton (oops , I mean the Panthers)

Now that Manning has ER'd :LOL: I'm not that interested in following Denver "except" I hope they beat Cam Newton (oops , I mean the Panthers)

+1 then we can see Cam brood about it... what a poor sport. I didn't like him when he was in college, was starting to turn the corner on him during the season last year but his antics after losing the SB have me going the other way again.

Now that the Rams are an LA team again, I have an NFL team to root for! Yeah! Go Rams!

Glad you got them! And this from a STL guy who religiously bought NFL package to avoid having to watch them! STL deserved to lose them, with that crap mausoleum facility built...Horrible fan experience.
I was actually more disappointed in the fan experience of crappy parking facilities for tailgating and worse indoor dome experience.
I dont think most area fans are even upset at LA (and they shouldnt since they were stolen to begin with), but at the Mo native who moved them. Most are more upset now that Khan wasnt allowed to buy the team, instead of Kroenke getting them.
That new stadium sure is going to look nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you think LA will support the team in the numbers they need? There's a lot to do in LA on a Sunday. Its not like Green Bay where the only other options are to ice fish and freeze, snowmobile and freeze or drink beer and freeze.:)

Do you think LA will support the team in the numbers they need? There's a lot to do in LA on a Sunday. Its not like Green Bay where the only other options are to ice fish and freeze, snowmobile and freeze or drink beer and freeze.:)

I'm sure it will be like the Dodgers. They'll sell a lot of tickets, but the stands will be empty by the end of the third quarter. Got to beat that traffic, and once they're sure they've been seen, well, what's the point?

Back
Top Bottom